Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Announcement: Ionic adidas edition!

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi all. 

We are proud to announce that Fitbit has partnered with adidas to bring you the new Fitbit Ionic: adidas edition!

• The unique adidas Train app, which includes 6 workouts right on your wrist to help you train to be a better runner with step-by-step coaching
  • A signature sports band 
  • An exclusive adidas-designed clock face

For more information on Fitbit Ionic: adidas edition, check out this link

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
47 REPLIES 47

This Adidas version looks cool. Please release a Black/Gunemtal Stainless Steel version like the Fitbit Blaze has. I'm not going to buy an Ionic until there is one available that looks as good as my Blaze. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Any clues as to release date for the UK?  On the pre-order page it just says released in April. I am going on holiday on 8 April and was really hoping to have one in my hands before I go as I'll be spending a lot of time in the pool/on the beach!  Is there even a slight chance it will be early April or is it more likely to be later?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Your correct, there use to be "THREE" Sport Bands, but now there are just "TWO".  Of course, the Adidas version will come with its unique Sport Band.  However, there are still THREE Classic Bands and TWO Leather Bands.

Hope this helped and keep on STEPPING!

Community Council Member

Gunny | Richmond, VA (USA)

Ionic Adidas Edition, Versa Special Edition, Aria 2 & Flyer | iPhone & Windows 10

Take a look at the Fitbit Help site for further Assistance & Information.

Best Answer

Ionic Adidas Version UPDATE: So today, Fitbit hit my credit card for the Adidas Version (USA). In light of past per order history with Fitbit, the Adidas Version should be shipped and heading my way within the next 24 hours. I'll provide an update once I receive the shipment notification.

This is GREAT news for ALL of us who have been waiting since last year for the Adidas Version to be released. The day is almost here folks, so stand by for updates and please, provide your own update NEWS!

Thanks and keep on STEPPING!

Community Council Member

Ionic Adidas Edition, Versa Special Edition, Aria 2 & Flyer | iPhone & Windows 10

Best Answer

I shall look forward to reading your thoughts as I am really keen on getting this one myself!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Winnie10wrote:

I shall look forward to reading your thoughts as I am really keen on getting this one myself!

👌

Community Council Member

Best Answer

Ionic Adidas Version UPDATE:  I am happy to report that my pre ordered Ionic Adidas has SHIPPED and will be delivered this Wednesday!  HURRAY!!!!!!

Keep on STEPPING!

Community Council Member

Best Answer

The Adidas edition is $60 more than the standard Ionic...I like it, but that's a large premium for a unique band and a few custom clock faces. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Scooptoddwrote:

The Adidas edition is $60 more than the standard Ionic...I like it, but that's a large premium for a unique band and a few custom clock faces. 

It also has the custom Adidas Coaching, which is the major unique update for this Ionic, in addition to the other features you previously mentioned.  For me, worth the extra money.  Been waiting a long time for this to be released and the day has arrived!

Community Council Member

Best Answer

@GySgt_Seidellwrote:

@Scooptoddwrote:

It also has the custom Adidas Coaching, which is the major unique update for this Ionic, in addition to the other features you previously mentioned.  For me, worth the extra money.  Been waiting a long time for this to be released and the day has arrived!

I am instead quite disappointed about these only addition. Being a runner edition watch I had hoped for a much more featured running tracker (since the default one is very basic) with target time, interval training, goals workout and why not audio cues (on earphones). In short a Runtastic (now owned by Adidas) app for Ionic.

Best Answer

So, if you use the built in GPS, you don't get audio cues when tracking a run/walk?  That's going to be a deal breaker for me, then.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Confirmed, no audio cues are implemented in Fitbit tracker

Best Answer

ARRIVED!  My Ionic Adidas Edition has arrived, albeit 3 days late due to the snow storm that hit NJ and closed the Newark Airport for almost 48 hours!  Anyway, it arrived today and it is AWESOME!

FYI, you can change to any of the Ionic Clock Faces and you will NOT lose your custom Adidas Clock Face.  Just check the "FITBIT" Clock Faces and it will be displayed there (verified).  Also, this version of the Ionic also has the Adidas Edition icon in the Fitbit App.  Just a way to make it special!  I setup the new Ionic, updating to the new Firmware, and everything setup correctly without and hiccups!  Everything is working as it should and I am one happy camper!  Really glad I made the purchase, thanks Fitbit...

Keep on STEPPING!

Community Council Member

Best Answer

On doing a bit more research, I’m beginning to think I will stick with my Blaze and save myself some money. The Ionic seems convenient as there’s no need to lug a phone round - and I really did want to get the Adidas edition - but it doesn’t have audio cues which for me is quite important, as I don’t want to be faffing around trying to look at my wrist while I’m on the move. The more I think about the Versa, the more I don’t see the point - yes, you can put your music on it but in order to track a walk/run, you need to take your phone to connect to the GPS, so it sort of defeats the object. So it would only be an aesthetic change rather than a useful change for me, so doesn’t seem worth it. Very disappointing.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Matt,

I got my Fitbit Ionic Adidas Edition yesterday, but have some serious problems with it. After the setup and automatic update to OS 2.0 I cannot see my adidas Clockface as well as the adidas Train app.

Does anybody can help with this issue?

Regards

Best Answer
0 Votes

i agree @Winnie10 about the lack of speakers but the water proofing was like 90% of the reason for me upgrading from my blaze...i didn't like having to worry about taking it off during a heavy rainstorm or if i was near any body of water that i could Magoo my way into.

?
Best Answer
0 Votes

I actually thought about it all again and ended up buying the Ionic Adidas edition. Ordered it 1pm Tuesday, arrived 9am Wednesday! So far I love it. Reasonably easy to set up. Transferred my music successfully today. GPS seems pretty accurate - and it seems you can get a vibration cue for your markers rather than a voice cue - not quite the same but a good substitute. The only issue I have is my notifications have stopped working - they worked initially but then stopped. They briefly worked again after I’d transferred my music but then stopped again but overall I am happy and glad I decided to go for it. 

Best Answer

I have just bought the Ionic Adidas edition but it has not arrived set up with the exclusive clock face and I can’t find the Adidas clock in the clock face settings. How can I find this for my Fitbit?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Few weeks ago I factory reset my Ionic (since I factory reset my Pixel I thought it was a good idea to start fresh). When I added the Ionic to m Fitbit account from the app I have been asked if it was as classic edition or the Adidas edition.You might want to try

Best Answer

Hi, yes unfortunately I have selected the Adidas addition on the app but still hasn’t showed the clock face. The adidias workouts are there which are exclusive to the watch so it is set up but the clock face is not shown. Thanks for your suggestion 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes