Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anybody else having problems synching to Strava with their Ionic?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

For whatever reason, and for the first time, when it usually automatically synchs with my Strava account, tonight it has failed to do so. When  I try to export a TCX file as an alternative this also responds with a fault.  Any ideas please?

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi everyone. 

Thanks for taking the time to report this issue. 

Our team is aware that the integration with Strava was down and this issue has since been resolved.

If you are still experiencing any issues with the integration, please let us know on our Third Party Integration board. 

If you have any questions, you know where to find me! Robot wink

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
28 REPLIES 28

Yes, I having the same problem,  my Ionic is not syncing to Strava either

Best Answer

My run synched last night but I tried using my Ionic to record a bike ride for the first time. It failed to synch! Anyone have a fix?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same problem. It worked yesterday.  I'm new to Fitbit.  May have to go back to my Garmin next time but maybe it's some sort of temporary network error.

Best Answer

I contacted the Fitbit Help and they said the engineers are aware of the Strava Sync problem and are working on a fix

Best Answer
Glad to hear I’m not alone. Now all we need is a fix!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Same here - I've had no Strava syncing problems until my run last night. Dev team need to crack open the gremlin removal toolkit.

Best Answer

I am having the same problem. Did a run this morning. Typically it syncs within 10 minutes, but now after 1 hour still nothing visible on strata.

I hope this issue is fixed soon (with an explanation of what was wrong).

Best Answer

Yes same problem.  I tried un-linking and re-linking my accounts yesterday and/or the day before and got some weird error message.  I tried again today, after my morning run failed to sync, and I didn't get the error message.  Still no sync though.

Best Answer

I also cannot sync, and have tried the tip of revoking and re-granting permission. Any update from Fitbit?

Best Answer

My run on Tuesday synced to Strava but my run yesterday and this morning did not. I rebooted my phone and closed all the apps. Super annoying!

Best Answer

It appears both Fitbit and Strava released iOS updates (and other OS's too) within the last 24 - 48 hours, and these updates screwed up the syncing.  I've seen this happen a few times now, and always with app updates.  It's pretty friggin annoying.

Ionic / Aria / retired Surge / retired Blaze / a few more retired Fitbits / three failed Nike Fuel Bands
Best Answer

I hope it's not a permanent screw-up!

Best Answer

I authorized Fitbit to sync with Strava a couple weeks ago. It has been unreliable. Fitbit states it only reads/syncs Strava GPS activities. That has failed more than once, including a bike ride from yesterday. In a surprise development, last Tuesday Fitbit sync'd a non-GPS Strava activity to my Fitbit Dashboard. Happy dance! That was nice, but I have several other non-GPS activities that did not appear on Fitbit Dashboard. 

Fitbit servers are responsible for reading Strava activities, and creating a manual activity on Fitbit dashboard. This is an issue with software running on Fitbit servers (not in Fitbit app).

Aria, Fitbit MobileTrack on iOS. Previous: Flex, Force, Surge, Blaze

Best Answer
0 Votes

@bbarrera that makes sense, and the Fitbit servers also need to pull data correctly from the Fitbit app, I assume.

When working correctly, I have also seen Strava pull rather old activities from Fitbit onto their service.  Can't hate on that! 

Ionic / Aria / retired Surge / retired Blaze / a few more retired Fitbits / three failed Nike Fuel Bands
Best Answer

My Ionic just now uploaded my two missing activities to Strava!

Best Answer

My fitbit just sync'd with Strava and it included the missing 2 bicycle rides.

Best Answer

I rode my bike to work today and my Fitbit Iconic just sync'd with Strava and included my bicycle ride from yesterday.  

Best Answer

My run was completed and synced to Fitbit at 5pm over 4 and a half hours ago, still not showing up on Strava.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit and Strava sync appears to be up and running again! Hope everybody else’s data gets sorted soon too🙃

Best Answer