Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone happy with their Ionic?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Is anyone happy with their Ionic? Is yours fully working and syncing? It seems most discussions here are about the problems, but looking at different stores online the reviews are still mostly positive. I can't tell if the one I have is just never going to work or it's a firmware issue that could be fixed. Right now I'm leaning towards this one is never going to work, but then I'm not sure if I should get a new one or not.

Phone: Galaxy S7 (Verizon) - Android 7.0 - latest patch G930VVRU4BQH4
Fitbit: Surge | Ionic (kinda sorta hopefully)

Best Answer
191 REPLIES 191
Its been almost 2 years since my ionic.
In short.
I feel naked with out it. When functioning correct i love it.
I feel fitbit is better for me then apple or garmin.
But im not here to talk pros of a fitbit.

Customer service is a fail at trouble shooting. Mostly blaming problems on
your phone.

Problems normally occur at the set up and failing to keep track of the
phone.
After set up (many hours) it works great until an update comes out.
Updating will make you want to throw the watch.
I am on my third ionic both warranty replacements.
The issue i had of stopping tracking an exersize mid way was fixed with a
case.
Doing pushup was bending my wrist and pushing the buttons.
It says water proof. But at the beach one of them just stopped working.
Was replaced as a warranty.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Have had my since January 2018. Love it. I have the pro weather face on it. have had issues from time to time with the golf app. it was just updated and works again. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Does markDee56 work for Fitbit?  He responds to almost every negative comment with a positive one.  I’m thinking it’s a Fitbit burner account.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MarkDee56 So do you own all the different Fitbit models?  You have written numerous positive reviews on just about every one.

Best Answer
0 Votes
My wife and I have owned everyone at one point or another. Not sure why u find it odd some folks lile their products and have minimal problems. They are easy to use if u take the time to understand how the work.Sent via the Samsung Galaxy Note5, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone
Best Answer
Im not an employee. Im a retired guy. Sent via the Samsung Galaxy Note5, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have taken the time to learn how they work.  I had it working for two months and was happy with it.  Now it won’t even start up.. and yes it’s charged.  Read and tried every option in support and the Fitbit community to reboot/restart it, now have a open ticket.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can send it to you if you like to see you can get it working since you seem to be an expert.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Im sorry you are having problems but I dont know why you think you need to call me out for honestly expressing my positive experiences with Fitbit products on these forums. We good?Sent via the Samsung Galaxy Note5, an AT&T 4G LTE sm
Best Answer

We are good

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine stopped about 6 months ago, same as many posts here, wouldn't sync etc etc. I left it in a drawer and got it out about 2 weeks ago, charged it up and it's been working fine ever since, doing everything it's supposed to!

Iphone Xr always updated to latest OS, Iconic
Best Answer
0 Votes
I've been frustrated with it about 50% of the time. It will not change
time zones automatically, it's difficult to play music on, some blue tooth
devices, will not pair, seems I must have it charging in order for it to
update and sync and change zones. Could be better.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m on by 3rd Fitbit watch and I am done.  Having customers to continue to buy new Fitbits’ every 14 to 18 months is not a sustainable business model.   Work on quality control rather than bringing out another model every 6 months.

I was offered 40% off on a $169 model and 25% off on my Ionic $250 model.   That’s’ how FitBit supports its loyal long-term customers.  

I only know my daughters Apple Watch is going 3 years without issue.  Time to for a  FitBit exit strategy and I suggest their employees due the same.  July 15, 2015 $45.54 a share, Aug 30th 2019 $3.09 a share.

If you looking to but a new fitness watch every 12-18 months then FitBit is right for you.

Best Answer
0 Votes
My ionic has work fine for almost 2 years and my wife's Versa has worked
well for 18 months. Oh, and by the way, Cramer's Apple watch broke after
about a year. Seems these things happen.
Best Answer
When one of my Fitbit watches broke I was offered 50 percent off an ionic. I’ve struggled with the ionic for about 18 months, but it’s finally beginning to work. Don’t know what’s changed.

I alternate between a Garmin vivoactive hr and the ionic. I like the Garmin better as it logs its exercises to MyFitnessPal pal. Fitbit ionic only logs steps at present.

When this one goes (ionic) I’ll probably opt for apple although I think their stuff is priced on the high side.

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes very unhappy only had less then 6 months tried factory reset cleaned everything and still nothing and wont charge talked to Fitbit and will only offer 25 percent off a new one I think they should be sued for this so many complaints 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Bpeck, since you say you have only had the device for less than 6 months, and it has a 1-year warranty, did support indicate why they only offered a 25% discount on a new device?  This is usually offered after a device is out of warranty, not for one in warranty.

Best Answer
I actually had this particular one 18 months.  8 mounts out of 1 year warranty.  1st one I had was 4 months our of warranty,  2nd one I had was 6 mouths out of 1 year warranty.  I don't want to by a new watch every 1-2 years.
Best Answer
Yeah excally I'm going to a smart watch I'm done with fitbits

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

I switched from a Charge HR2 that had passed on to another realm and gt the ionic on sale for not alot more then the HR2 was brand new.

The HR portion just like on the HR2 is completely useless, at best it is only usefull for basic walking and resting, anything else and it is wildly clearly innacurate. If you exercise it seems to register only 25% and when you stop it magically registers really high if it doesn't stop registering HR period.

All of this regardless of where on the arm or which arm.

I can be puffing heavily and can feel my heart racing and yet my heart rate is barely above resting.
It also constantly loses HR.

Lastly and this has only happened a few times, the charger said the power source wasn't enough to charge the device. unplug and plug back in and it is fine.

That aside i'm otherwise happy with the sturdier design then the Charge's.

Best Answer
0 Votes