Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App crashing when transferring music-Ionic

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I got my Ionic yesterday and have been trying to transfer music onto it since. 

I have tried multiple computers but the moment i go to drag and drop a song the whole app closes down. 

then when i try to open it again it either doesn't get past the searching for my phone bit when i go into music or it will crash at the same point. 

Very frustrating for a not so cheap item. 

already frustrating enough that i can't play my spotify music through it. 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

@DP88 Welcome to the Fitbit family! Thanks for reporting this, what kind/model of mobile device are you using?

Please take a look at this checklist for transferring music to make sure the files you are transferring are compatible with Ionic. Please keep in mind that you must own the digital rights to the music that is being transferred. Songs that have been downloaded from streaming services such as Spotify or Apple Music may not transfer due to copyright protections (known as DRM encryption).

Also, make sure you are using Fitbit Connect when transferring music on your computer. You must install that software in order to do that. Please check the post linked above for more details.

Hope this helps. Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes
It isn't that the music is not working once I transfer. I can't even
transfer. The moment I go to drag and drop the app crashes.

This has nothing to do with my phone as it is on multiple computers....
Best Answer

@DP88 Thanks for your reply and for providing that information. 

Are you using the Windows 10 Fitbit App to transfer music? 

If you haven't done so already, you need to download Fitbit Connect to your computer and use that program to transfer the music files to your Ionic. Click here to download Fitbit Connect.

Now, if you are using Fitbit Connect and it crashes when you transfer the music, try deleting it from your computer and then installing it back again. 

Also, did you took a look at the checklist for transferring music to your Ionic? There is a lot of helpful information on that post too! 

Also, try performing a restart on your Ionic and try the transfer once again. It is worth giving that a try!

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

i am using the fitbit connect app as per your advice that is the app that is crashing. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've got the same problem. Had the ionic almost a month, yet to be able to transfer the music without the PC app crashing/closing. I've been searching for a fix continuously, but nobody seems to offer much advice other than re-install the app... which I've tried several times to no avail! Hoped the recent watch update would fix this, but no luck. Fitbit please sort this out! Music was the main reason I opted for this device and I havent managed to load a single song! 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you ever get this fixed? Im losing the will to live!! B

Best Answer
0 Votes

Having Same problem. I have about 20 iPads running my app and occasionally an iPad will update its iOS version and the ionic app will either crash while starting up or the app will spontaneously disappear from the iPad. In this situation I need to plug in the iPad directly to my laptop to be able to re-install the app and any updates I push through Ionic Pro have no impact. Has this happened to anyone else?               

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everybody, thank you for visiting the Fitbit Community.

Currently, there is a voluntary Safety Recall of Fitbit Ionic Smartwatches.

For more information, please visit this thread.

I am going to close this thread to keep the Community organized.

Have a nice day.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
0 Votes