Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App suggestions-are these possible?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Some recent posts make me wonder if these additions to functionality are possible via third party app development.

1) an alarm app that can add alarms beyond the built-in limit of eight total.

2] a reminder app to get up and move to encourage activity (beyond the built-in 'xxx steps remaining this hour').

3) an app that lets users turn on/turn off time display.  Medical professionals want to be able to take vital signs and we only occasionally need the display to remain on for a minute or two.  Ideally a double tap or button push should activate or deactivate.  Opening an app each time would be less than ideal.

Any developer response or comments would be much appreciated.

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

The first two I’d have thought possible, the third I’m not so sure about. But I’m not about to start trying to program it. My coding days (and required time) are long gone 😉

Best Answer

All the apps you mentioned are possible. The good thing about the Ionic is how easy it is, relatively, to build apps for if you have some beginner/intermediate coding knowledge. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The alarm limit is hard coded yes it epuldwbe possible for the developers to change. 

The reminders to move are basically that, a reminder to stand up and move. It was never meant to set a minimum steps per hour. 

As for the screen staying on. this is a function of the clock face, several of them already have this option. 

The chronogtaph face was designed to meet the needs of the medical community with a quick start stopwatch that stays on, and both analog and digital read out of seconds. 

Best Answer

You might be missing the point of my question.

Yes, the built-in alarms are hard coded for 8 maximum and the developers
could increase that. But can an app (or a program as I still am inclined
to call them) not use a timer embedded in its own code to make more alarms?

Can a program be written to tell you at 4pm "Hey, you're 3146 steps short
of your daily goal. Get up!"

And, again....an always-on clock face would be ideal if it didn't affect
battery life, but the ones to date do. Is it possible to have a program
running that will let the user keep it on only when they really need to?
That wouldn't significantly affect battery life.

I'm just wondering if some of the functionality that users would like to
see could be done by app developers instead of by fitbit.

Brian

Best Answer
0 Votes

All of it sounds do-able, except for maybe removing the clock altogether.

Finding time to do it or someone to do it would be the difficult part.

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer

With the appropriate coding I’m sure it would all be possible. The alarms would just need their own database of times, the reminder to move the same and the clock just have a call to the backlight with either screen or button call to toggle. The problem is getting someone to spend time on it 🙂

Best Answer