Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are Samsung Gear Icon X Earbuds Compatible with Ionic?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I got my fitbit ionic and I want to get true wireless earbuds for my workouts, but before buying would they work?

I'm between the Gear IconX(2018) from Samsung or the Elite Sport from Jabra.

Can you please tell me if it would sync to the Ionic?

Thanks!

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject for Clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
10 REPLIES 10

@ViriP, unless someone here has those earbuds, no one will have any information on whether or not they will pair with the Ionic.  However, any Bluetooth headphones that will pair with your phone should pair with the Ionic.

Best Answer
Thanks, I figured I should try just to be sure 😉
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a Jabra Move and it works well.Smiley Very Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well update,

I got my new gear iconx from samsung, love the earbuds however they do not work with the ionic ;(

Best Answer

If I could get music on the device I could experiment around with it and find out if there's a way to get it to work.

Really though the Gear IconX have their own internal storage that's much easier to get music on than the Fitbit so probably better to go with that.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried everything so I thing it's the Bluetooth version  that just doesn't match but yes, I will use the storage of the earbuds it's just annoying and both devices expensive!

Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

The earbuds have more storage than the Ionic does. they have about 4GBs and the Ionic has 2.5GBs or so.  The audio quality will also be better using the internal storage of the earbuds and it don't negatively effect the Ionic's battery life. The only down side is that touch pad is pretty bad. I can never control the volume it always pauses the track.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just tested my Samsung Geor icon x with my fitbit ionic.. and sad to say that it doe not work. it plays the internal storage music well , also the music from the phone, but if paired with fitbit ionic , it starts then left bud goes down, then right bud stops in between. 

i had a chat with the samsung online support and the person said ;looks like its not compatible with fitbit ionic [a third party gear]'

disapointed

Best Answer
0 Votes

same here. samsung support said its not compatible with fitbit gear

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am using my Samsung Gear Iconx with my versa. You need to put them in the charging box to connect. Then press and hold the Bluetooth button on the box. Also, make sure to not have your computer or phone Bluetooth on. It might interfere with your initial connection.

Best Answer