Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are there any headphones that work with the Ionic while swimming laps?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I want to get the Ionic because it can be used for swimming laps but I would love to be able to listen to music on my Ionic as well while I swim. Have you heard of any Bluetooth headphones for swimming?

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

@Nironavro wrote:

I want to get the Ionic because it can be used for swimming laps but I would love to be able to listen to music on my Ionic as well while I swim. Have you heard of any Bluetooth headphones for swimming?

How about http://lmgtfy.com/?q=bluetooth+waterproof+headphones

Best Answer

Don't take this for an expert answer, but my understanding is Bluetooth travels very poorly, if at all, through water so you are out of luck. I see some Bluetooth headphones advertised as waterproof, but seems to mean won't damage from sweat or getting water splashed on. So a waterproof headphone might not be damaged by water but still you could not hear through it underwater.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer

They make a bluetooth speaker that floats on water, the music is broadcast into the pool.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I got the Fitbit Ionic for many reasons including the ability to use in the pool. I'm hoping eventually Fitbit will come out with a set of waterproof headset for swimming that has 2-8 Gig of internal memory since the underwater bluetooth issues, or at least a 1 gig buffer rate. In the mean time I'm looking for an alternative as well. Platronics has some nice looking headsets, but I don't think they have any internal memory.

Best Answer

I bought some waterproof headphones from Amazon. The app connected to ionic fine until i started swimming then it switched off. Thought at first it was because i was recording the swim lengths as well but no. It was everytime i put the ionic just under the water. I only do breast stroke so phone wouldnt go under the water that much.

Best Answer