Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are there any new apps in the queue?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

It would be nice to have some insight into the known apps that will be coming out in the near future.  I would really like to see the spO2 sensor info being used.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

The following was posted by @ErickFitbit in one of the other threads.

"Hi everyone -- We’re glad you’re as excited as we are about new apps coming to Ionic! We can tell you that new apps and lots of clock faces will become available in time for the holidays, but can’t share additional specifics at this time. Our app developers and developer community are hard at work bringing new apps to Ionic. You can check out some of what our developer community is working on at #Made4Fitbit, and stay tuned for updates."

So going from that, I would say we can expect to see apps and clock faces over the next few weeks, certainly before the end of the year. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

@DaronU wrote:

It would be nice to have some insight into the known apps that will be coming out in the near future.  I would really like to see the spO2 sensor info being used.

It would be nice, but I'm not expecting a lot of information up front.

The interesting thing is, there are two sources for these apps. One is from Fitbit (and their partners), apps such as Coach or Wallet.

And the other source is from the community, who are now able to write apps for the Ionic.

Here's some posts with what people are doing. They are mostly clockfaces at this point, but there are a few new features---like a constant altimeter reading. Following apps written by the community is easier, as there is more transparency.

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer

The interesting thing is, there are two sources for these apps. One is from Fitbit (and their partners), apps such as Coach or Wallet.

And the other source is from the community, who are now able to write apps for the Ionic.

I'm still thinking whether to get the Ionic or go for any other smartwatch (my phone is Android so Apple watch is not an option Smiley Sad)

I like a lot of things about the Ionic. A lot of my friends wear Fitbit bands. But I am worried that I buy it and then no new apps will be coming to the watch. And I am not talking about amateur /hobbyist made apps (mostly watchfaces as you mention) that for sure will be a lot available.

I've read a lot of reviews on the Ionic. Almost all reviewers in that list seemed to have attended a private product launch meeting with senior Fitbit managers. And many of them said or implied in their reviews that Fitbit told them that they were working with several top partners to bring new apps to the watch by year end. But I have seen nothing nowhere on this...I'd love Uber, maps, runkeeper, spotify and many others! My concern is that I buy the watch which looks great and have a great battery life but then nothing new ever comes. Has Fitbit said anything on this that I may be missing?    

Best Answer

The Ionic weather app cant even update without syncing via the iPhone app. I really doubt there will ever be an Uber app. 

I like the look of my Ionic, I like the breathing stuff and the reminders and how’s it’s waterproof but it’s not a smart watch. It’s a Surge 2. As a smart watch it’s a piece of s...

Best Answer

No, nothing has been said to date. Their version of an App Store hasn’t been launched yet so we’re a way away from knowing what’s going to be in it.

As an aside I’m struggling for how else anyone would expect the weather app to update other then via the phone app? Yes the Ionic has WiFi but that’s not a lot of use away from known networks.

Mike | London, UK

Blaze, Surge, Charge 2, Charge, Flex 2 - iPad Air 2, Nokia Lumia 925 (Deceased), iPhone 6

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

The following was posted by @ErickFitbit in one of the other threads.

"Hi everyone -- We’re glad you’re as excited as we are about new apps coming to Ionic! We can tell you that new apps and lots of clock faces will become available in time for the holidays, but can’t share additional specifics at this time. Our app developers and developer community are hard at work bringing new apps to Ionic. You can check out some of what our developer community is working on at #Made4Fitbit, and stay tuned for updates."

So going from that, I would say we can expect to see apps and clock faces over the next few weeks, certainly before the end of the year. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It’s been very disappointing the slow rate of apps avaiable. The expense of the Fitbit Ionic results in very little value compared to the Apple Watch and the vast array of Apps. The absence of any definitive timeline and types of apps adds to the frustration. I’m not interested in another watch face, is about aesthetics and useful function. When will the Ionic step-up and provide the value we anticipated.

Best Answer