Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio Cues

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

Just had an Ionic for Xmas.  Can't find the answer to the following 2 things:

1) Does the Ionic not do audio cues, so that I get audio informing me of average pace etc per km? My Samsung Gear Fit that I paid £80 for did this..😮. Really hope I'm just missing something.

2) I want to set say a 10 km run, so that it notifies me when I've finished and I don't have to keep checking my watch. Can this be done? If so, where do you go to set this?

The above 2 items really don't seem unreasonable for a £300 watch, that is supposedly focused on fitness, rather than being a 'smart' watch.

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Ionic certainly does the vibrate cues.  However, the vocal cues seem to only work if you start your run through the Fitbit APP and use the GPS on your phone etc.  Seems a bit crazy!  I thought the problem would fix itself when I got Bluetooth headphones and paired them to my Ionic.  Alas ... Vote up this development suggestion everyone!

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Audio-cues-over-bluetooth-from-Ionic/idi-p/22217...

Best Answer

Thanks for your reply.  I am genuinely in shock that this feature is not included.  I also can't believe that none of the reviews have picked up on this.  Any idea about my second part of the post? E.g. The ability to go for a run and set a specified time or distance?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Also your mentioned second feature is not available. The running app on the Ionic smartwatch is definitely not smart but rather dumb.

Coming from Runtastic I feel the Ionic for this aspect is a very big step back

Best Answer
0 Votes