Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Australian Bank ANZ advertising during Tennis

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

During the Australian Tennis Open our ANZ Bank are one of the sponsors and advertising Fitbit

Regular ads are being viewed and the advertisement shows a tennis player getting some sandwiches from the kiosk.. No wallet and the cashier point to his wrist... "is that a Fitbit" ? and he uses it..

ANZ Fitbit.jpg

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

Too bad ANZ in NZ still don't support it yet 😉 Hopefully my suggestion post on the features and suggestion area will get some support 😉

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunnerWhen I first contacted ANZ a couple of months ago they knew nothing about it.... Then 2 days after that  I received an email saying it was live... A perfect setup and over 400 Pay's all OK..

Have you contacted your ANZ to see what is happening.. ?

Also, how are you now that you are top of your illness last year...?

@SunsetRunner wrote:

Too bad ANZ in NZ still don't support it yet 😉 Hopefully my suggestion post on the features and suggestion area will get some support 😉

Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
0 Votes

Still unavailable at this time only ASB is using it and I don't use ASB  it is the only bank in NZ that can use the Ionic at this time. It will happen in time.

Normally NZ is ahead of others in adopting new technology (we just can't get enough new tech it's like an addiction) but when it comes to new payment systems we're very slow and suspicious of these new methods (like to keep hold of our hard earned cash) Even Apple pay only started at the beginning of last year, so it may take a bit of time before the banks get in behind a new payment system here.

As for the illness, one day at a time is about all I can say of course it didn't help that I broke two ribs at training just before Xmas (you think somebody is telling me I shouldn't do any exercise 😉 )

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner  Here is my reply from ANZ NZ...

Looks hopeful

"Thank you Colin for your message about ANZ Fitbit Pay.

Colin, Unfortunately we  have not yet introduced above pay system yet, however we have  currently ANZ Apple pay in place at the moment:"

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm a bit peeved with the ANZ Australia because they only support Visa, not Mastercard. Mastercard is supported by other banks so I have no idea why ANZ dont support it. Tried asking them and they said it is Fitbits fault. They said it is up to Fitbit which cards are supported. I asked Fitbit Support and they said it is up to the bank lol So I am at an impass. I try adding my card every now and then but it is still not working.☹

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@NellyG That seems like typical bureaucratic tennis to me 😉 or maybe that should be Ping Pong

Best Answer
0 Votes