Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto recognize function for swimming not working

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I got my fitbit ionic for Christmas for the sole purpose of wanting to track my swimming, otherwise I would have bought one of the cheaper ones.  However, I have now used it five times in the swimming pool hoping it would auto-recognise the swim, but it hasn't.  I do breast stroke only in a 25m pool and no fancy flip turns or anything.  It recognises that I've been active but that is it, I wanted to use the auto-recognise function as I wanted it to track heart rate as I know it doesn't do this when you set it to go manually. 

I have tried setting it manually too but it was out by 15 minutes and 20 lengths!  So not very accurate at all.  I've even taken the advice of tightening the strap when I swim but that's made no difference.  

My fitbit auto recognises walking and the elliptical trainer no problem, but swimming it doesn't like, which is very disappointing.

Anyone else having the same problem, or knows if there is a fix/work around?

Thanks

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

Im having the exact issues

What my older fitbit tracked my swim

Ionic is not doing any swim track 

Was out to sea. Snorkeling 45min

Tracked zero

Pool i timed 15min on my watch. Nothing 

I reset the tracker

I fixed dashboard and on tracker to auto track after 10min. Zero zero zero

400 dollars wasted unless this is solved im asking for my money back 

Best Answer

Stopped counting laps.

I wore my ionic swimming for first time today. It recorded time and number of laps until it reached 29laps. At 29 laps it stopped counting laps but the timer continued. Not sure if pushing a side button made it stop or it did it on its own. After the swim I did look at settings for swimming and made some changes. It will not accept a Middle Stat but it will accept Top and Bottom Stat. I'll swim with it again on Monday and see if it does any better after changing the settings.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm still having no joy with the auto recognize, but I have got it working OK when I manually set it.  Only thing I have discovered is that it doesn't count the last lap you do, unless you turn and start to swim off.  I'm OK with this though, at least its counting accurately, just wish it did heart rate so it could do the calorie burn correctly.

Have you tried re-setting it?  I have had to reset the fitbit a few times, it works for a bit, then stops so I have to re-set it again.  I hope all this gets sorted, I am learning to love the fitbit but I could very easily also bin it on occasions!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I swim with Auto recognize and it works but misses every few days that is most of the time it works

and some times not

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yup, I have the same problem!

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Inspire HR was great and auto recognised swim. ? sadly it is not auto recognising the swim or if I am lucky some of the swim. Really disappointed and looking for a more reliable tracker.

Best Answer
0 Votes