Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto run/walk detection

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Earlier I went on a 40 min walk. I didn't activate the run feature as I wanted to try the auto-detect run feature . After my walk, my steps/calories were counted but my walk was not tracked . My understating was that the walk will be auto tracked after a period of 15 mins but that didn't happen- any reason why? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

The feature is "Auto Run" not "Auto Walk". Do not get the "Auto Run" feature confused with the "Auto Exercise Recognition"  feature:

Auto Run - Your Fitbit tracker will automatically begin tracking an exercise run after a couple of minutes of running. GPS will be used.

Auto Exercise Recognition - Your Ionic will auto-recognize exercises and add them to your Exercise History list

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
15 REPLIES 15

The feature is "Auto Run" not "Auto Walk". Do not get the "Auto Run" feature confused with the "Auto Exercise Recognition"  feature:

Auto Run - Your Fitbit tracker will automatically begin tracking an exercise run after a couple of minutes of running. GPS will be used.

Auto Exercise Recognition - Your Ionic will auto-recognize exercises and add them to your Exercise History list

Best Answer
0 Votes

Earlier I went on a 40 min walk. I didn't activate the run feature...

FYI, no reason to choose the "Run" activity when going for a walk. If you don't have the  "Walk" activity, edit the Exercise Shortcuts setting on the Fitbit web portal to add it to your watch.

Best Answer
Thanks . I can see that strava has automatically added the exercise as a 'walk' - that's good news !

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I just activate auto and it recognize  a walk after 15 minutes

22CB8F35-D96B-4078-B165-22A0F7B1FB70.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

F3AF707C-FE2C-445C-B82B-42D668757BF1.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

how do I add walk to my fitbit ionic

Best Answer
0 Votes
Even when you walk, select ' run' from the ionic . After it saves the session you have to manually change it to ' walk' using your Fitbit app.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Or: you select auto select in Fitbit App,

and select walk as an excersize, Maybe you have to delete another one.

the Ionic autoselect my walk, run and bike automaticly

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Sue

in the Fitbit app you tap Account > Ionic > Exercise short cuts.

the ionic can only store 7 exercise types so you may have to remove one before adding walk. You can do that by tapping Edit in the top right. Once added you can re order them as well by dragging the exercises up and down the list.

on my Ionic I have walk as the first exercise and then on my watch I can press the bottom right button which takes me straight to the walk exercise.

Best Answer

Thanks for the help, how do I get walk to show first?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks so much!! I was trying for days to figure that out. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

To the right of the exercise there are 3 little lines. Drag those lines up or down and it’ll move the exercise. 

Best Answer

My auto run feature will not stay turned off when I turn it off. How do I get it to turn off ? I don't want it to do that at all. 

Best Answer

Did you get a response to how to make the Auto Detect shut off? I have mine set to ignore and it is still auto detecting. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi

I don't believe I ever did get a response. Sorry 😞
Best Answer