Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto-sync issue

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I know this issue has been talked to death, but I can't find anything related to my specific issue. My Ionic is working fine, after a lengthy set-up process. My issue with syncing isn't that my Ionic won't sync, it's that the only way it will sync at all is if I open the app on my phone and tell it to sync. This puzzles me, because my previous Fitbit devices would just automatically sync throughout the day.

My phone is typically with me for a majority of the day (because I need it for work and such), so it's not a matter of the pair of them being too far from each other. Also yes, the "all day sync" option is checked on.

Any advice?

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

Which phone are you using? 

Whenever I have similar issues, the first thing I do is restart the phone and the Ionic (press and hold the left button and bottom right button together for 15 secs). This usually fixes sync issues for me. Also if you're on Android you could try clearing the fitbit apps cache. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I use a Samsung S7. I can't imagine the cache is terribly full, since this phone isn't even a month old, and I've been without a fitbit product for quite some time now, but stranger things have happened, I suppose.

Best Answer
0 Votes

You can also try the setting Always Connected, which is to enhance connectivity.

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer
0 Votes

That's always been on.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Wondering if you ever got a definitive answer.  We have the same model phone and the exact same issues.  I have the same options selected and (like you) still have to manually sync in the phone app.  I have also noticed that the sync time has gone from near instantaneous to a several minute process.  I have had the same phone and fitbit tracker for well over a year so... was just curious 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Try going into the settings app, (on your ionic)  then select about, and click on shut down. Confirm the shut down and press any button to turn it back on.

Hope this helps!!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Give it up! I have the same phone and the ionic fitbit. I am a fitbit junky. I have flex, Alta, charger, blaze and now ionic. I am very disappointed. It only track about half the events and time, come on there is no faking the time. If you start reading the reviews online and not in the fitbit forum, you will learn there is no fixing it.
Best Answer
0 Votes