Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Back of Ionic

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I'm having issues with heart rate on my ionic, the value seems very low when I'm doing high intensity exercises like hill sprints, HIIT and sprint sessions. 

Is there a plastic protector(like a thin sheet of film) on the heart rate monitor that needs to be removed that is causing the heart rate not to be accurate.

I'm finding it very frustrating

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Nope, nothing to remove. And in my experience it takes the sensor a few seconds to catch up to drastic heart rate changes but then once it does its pretty accurate.

This is my second ionic however. The first one had all kinds of issues including a gap in the screen to body area and the heart sensor was garbage on that one.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Nope, nothing to remove. And in my experience it takes the sensor a few seconds to catch up to drastic heart rate changes but then once it does its pretty accurate.

This is my second ionic however. The first one had all kinds of issues including a gap in the screen to body area and the heart sensor was garbage on that one.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @MarkCravo,

Check out this help article on heart rate accuracy with fitbits. I had similar issues as you described, that went away when I followed the tips on the article. Hope it helps you also.

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks wavydavey

Read this article before and tried what has been said but it just doesn't pick up sprints and hill training.

very frustrating

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MarkCravo, my only other secret is to wear a wrist sweatband right above the tracker. Mine was losing connection sometimes when things during a particularly sweaty workout. And the wristband seemed to keep the area around the tracker drier, which helped the accuracy of the readings.

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer
0 Votes