Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(Back to Unsolved) Total daily calories suddenly decreases

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

UPDATE: (5/22) contacted customer service... If you're having any similar issues.. Report it to customer service as it seems to be a glitch in the app and /or firmware

UPDATE!: (05/21)

It just did it again.. This time the fix isn't working... This looks like something that the developers need to figure out.. Posted screen caps below

UPDATE!:

"Solved" but still think that this is a glitch that the fitbit folks should investigate for some future update... I'll report back if it happens again with screen caps and whether the fix still works or not 

Original:

Oy.. I'm having some problems with this site via mobile... Apparently posting duplicates.. And other weirdness.. Hopefully this comes through clearly! Lol

TL/DR: on watch.. Total daily calories dropped from 4200 kcal (~@5p) to 2835 on both the watch and app

*prerequisite Details *

APP: updated  

TRACKER(WATCH): up to date - no damage 

NOTICED: today and passively noted sometime last week that my rowing for calories (target 1000 kcal) didn't appear to have made any difference in my TDEE... Meaning.. It showed roughly what I would've expected to see at the time if I only was very mildly active

• Bare minimum apps.. Only uses the official  fitbit exercise short cuts, no music, no wallet etc etc etc etc 

• Fully charged 

• Is linked to myfitnesspal never use the fitbit food stuff 

• Phone was not on me when it was functioning correctly (left in the house charging)

* SUMMARY OF THE ISSUE * 

• Today, was a very active day - manually started appropriate exercise mode, and stopped (not just paused) 

• Multiple sessions through out the day

• Total daily calories reflected on the watch face was accurate, reflecting

activity calories.. TDEE (total daily energy expenditure) read ~4200kcal around ~5p on my tracker (watch)

• Walked inside to finally sit down (by my charging phone) and now both the watch (tracker) and the app reflect total burn off 2835 kcal 

• Having dropped ~1366 kcal 

• the issue appears to involve syncing

** attempts made to troubleshoot **

• Searched the forums ("calories dropped decreases shrink") found no solutions 

• Restarted app, and phone

• Turned off auto sync through out the day 

Any help would be very much appreciated.. I have a very very intense highly active two weeks and need to have that carrot...

Thank you so much!

Best Answer
0 Votes
13 REPLIES 13

Hello @Alexander222 and welcome.  Try Resetting your Ionic.  Here is how: Press and hold the left and bottom right buttons together, until the Fitbit icon appears, then release.

The reset has always worked for me when things get hookie and hopefully will for you as well!  Please advise if you need further assistance, thanks!

Community Council Member

Gunny | Richmond, VA (USA)

Ionic Adidas Edition, Versa Special Edition, Aria 2 & Flyer | iPhone & Windows 10

Take a look at the Fitbit Help site for further Assistance & Information.

Best Answer

Does your manually tracked session appear among the exercise list in your Fitbit account/application?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@GySgt_Seidell just reset it! I'll update if it helps

@Giampi71 i couldn't find any mention of any of the tracked exercises in the app.. But I might be missing something... Checked under minutes active, calorie burn, even miles 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Alexander222  the RESET will usually resolve all ill's.  Hopefully it will for you as well, but please let me know if you need any further assistance.  Thanks and Keep on Stepping!

Community Council Member

Ionic Adidas Edition, Versa Special Edition, Aria 2 & Flyer | iPhone & Windows 10

Best Answer
0 Votes

So my active number of minutes has jumped from 100 to a more accurate 218... And total calories are at ~4300

Much closer to the original figure.. But was ~4200 kcal at ~ 4p.. Its 9:39p now... Which I would expect there to be more than a simple 100 kcal jump over 5.5 hours... Which suggests it still might be wonky...But I am happy that it seems like it is potentially resolved... 

I would like to know if there's something I should be doing to prevent this from happening.. Or somehow make sure that the "powers that be" be made aware so future updates can once and for all solve the issue... (I found an old post suggesting that an update at one time resolved the issue)

Best Answer
0 Votes

@GySgt_Seidell  I believe this made some kind of difference! Thank you!!

For future customers with similar problems... Here's exactly what I just did that seemed to fix it (despite some questions if there is still missing data)

Did the reset on the watch and "swiped up" on the app (force close)

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Alexander222  glad I was able to assist you!  Hope all stays well, but should you ever need assistance down the road, the Fitbit Community is always here.  Thanks again and Keep on Stepping!

Community Council Member

Best Answer
0 Votes

33BE7203-FCC4-4701-8942-F0C59BA423BE.jpeg

20F5E7C8-9859-47C4-A663-804366ED036D.jpeg

93B29F9B-77EC-4998-B59F-8A566694EEF0.png

0F6E82BB-7726-44E7-AC4E-77CCE510EF67.png

3C83506A-6A6F-47FA-A661-03B849AEB8F8.jpeg

A8C4DAB5-0594-42AB-BC1D-B29759D1999A.jpeg

Best Answer
0 Votes

@GySgt_Seidell 

So the issue returned again tonight.. This time was just randomly... I did notice the lower figure was first in the app but not on the tracker.....a second or two later, I then watched the number drop on the tracker.. 

This seems like an issue with the app? Maybe someone one(a developer) needs to look into this... Especially as it occurs for other people as well 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Contacted customer service.. They will escalate the issue to tech support... It would be great if folks could report to them if they are having issues so they can be made aware that it's not just a small handful of customers 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Alexander222 , thanks for the update!  Please let me know how it works out with Customer Service.  I appreciate your time and attention to this situation!  Hope you have a great day!

Community Council Member

Best Answer
0 Votes

No luck...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have given up on tracking exercise and just been relying on its auto-detect for activity.

It would be nice to see this feature function properly again. Especially if I am going to stick with Fitbit for the next watch

Best Answer
0 Votes