Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery died, and now won't turn on

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My battery died and I've charged it but now it will not turn on, I've tried the soft reset and hard factory reset. But although the screen looks like it's doing something, and minimal slightly blue hazy light..... The logo doesn't appear. It's vibrating and the green light is flashing on the back.

Is there anything else I can try?

Best Answer
0 Votes
12 REPLIES 12

Hello @NikkiOsborne, welcome to the Community forums. 

I'm sorry to see that you've been experiencing trouble with the Ionic watch not turning on, and thank you for confirming that you already tried the restart and factory reset procedures. I noticed you mentioned this happened after the battery died; before considering other options, please confirm if you already tried all the steps listed here: Why isn't my battery charging? This is in case the problem is related directly to the battery. 

I hope this helps, please keep me posted. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just finished talking w/ customer service for the same issue...6 month old Ionic, won't charge, nothing on the screen, cannot reset. They have offered a replacement...it is out of stock, but should ship within 2 weeks.

I hope that this is not a fatal flaw with the Ionic...there are quite a few folks on the Ionic forum reporting the same issue 😞 M

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, yes seems that way, a replacement has been sent to me too 🙂, hopefully you won't have to wait too long for yours 🤞🤞🤞

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for the updates @Nerdoguy and @NikkiOsborne, I'm sorry to see that you've experienced trouble with your Ionic watches, but it's good to know that you already contacted Customer Support about this. Do let us know if you find any other difficulty. 

Keep on stepping. Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

This happened to the Ionic that I bought my mom. Since she lives a couple hours away from me, I never did anything about it. It's just sitting as a pile of junk. Now it happened to mine. My battery died this morning, and I've put it to charge with no luck. It's dead. Happened just in time for me to switch to a reliable brand for Christmas. 😭 I have had both Ionics for less than a year. So disappointing because I tell everyone how much I love mine.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, contact Fitbit or the place you purchased them from as I got mine replaced.

Such a shame both of yours have died 😔

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @jaxelyn, welcome to the Community forums. Sorry for the late response. 

Thank you for all your feedback and for confirming that you've experienced the same inconvenience with the battery not sharing or watch not responding. Could you please confirm if you already tried all the steps mentioned here earlier?  

Thank you for sharing your experience with this as well @NikkiOsborne

Keep me posted. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

One year in...the replacement FitBit has performed fine.

Its GPS service is flaky at times, especially if there are lots of trees or high buildings...it regularly fails to forward texts or keep up with time changes until I reestablish its connection to my phone...I do not wear it in the shower...and I do not let its battery get below 15% charge.

With those foibles noted...I would buy it again (but REALLY hope I do not have to any time soon). It is light, comfortable, and has a host of features that I use every day (literally).

Happy Holidays All!

Nerdoguy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for sharing all this information about your experience with the watch @Nerdoguy, I hope this his useful for other users as well. Just as you mentioned, environmental factors, including tall buildings, dense forest, steep hills, and even thick cloud cover, can interfere with your device’s or phone’s ability to connect to GPS satellites. 

I hope to see you around more often in the Community. 😀

Best Answer
0 Votes

Today is one year and one day since I got an Ionic. Mid way through 2019, it stopped working (it would power on while charging, but as soon as it was taken off the charger, it would stop. In the busyness of Christmas Day yesterday, I forgot to charge my watch, then today I was away from the house when I got the notification that my watch was about to die. I put it on the charger when I got home. It has been charging for hours and it wouldn't come on. I cleaned the connections with alcohol and charged it again, nothing. Of course, I know now, that I'm probably out a watch; that I'll be offered a minor discount on a new Fitbit. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I posted a reply about my watch not turning on a couple weeks ago too. I
tried for 3 days or so to get it back on (leaving it on the charger in the
meantime just in case it was actually charging the battery... And it turns
out it was). I thought I tried everything, so maybe it was just luck, but I
held down the power button for a LONG time (over 30 seconds I think), and
it finally came back on! May be worth a try.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @CarletonLyon, welcome to the Fitbit Community forums.  Sorry for the late response. 

Thank you for all the details that you've provided about your Ionic watch not responding and for sharing the steps that you already tried. 

I've sent your information to the Customer Support team for further assistance with this, but was informed that you already have a case created or that you already got in touch with them. 

That's good news @jaxelyn, thank you for sharing this update. 

Keep me posted.  

Best Answer
0 Votes