Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery drains quickly and Ionic shuts off

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Ionic's battery drains quickly. When it is fully charged to 100% it will drop to about 80% in less than an hour. My Ionic will randomly turn off and when I plug it in to charge it shows that my Fitbit has 50-20% still.

I never had this problem until a week ago when I went running and was tracking it when my Ionic shut off so it did not record my run.

I really hope this problem is fixed because I am a very active person and I like to keep track of my activities. 

I have a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge which syncs up with my Ionic.

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Also with 2.74.2 ?

End!Now free time!
Best Answer
0 Votes

@joaniestar start the support process now.  You're not alone.  Eventually your Ionic will not charge at all and will only display 0% charging while on the charger, and immediately shut off once you disconnect.

Unfortunately wait times on replacements are ridiculous.  You are more than welcome to review my post history.  I started the return process on 6/13, got clearance to mail it back on 6/19, they received it on 7/3, and last I checked they still were waiting to send me a new one.

If I had to guess, they got hit with a bunch of Ionic returns at once (you see at least 2 to 3 new topics a day if you just go back through the board as well as the firmware update topic) of similar battery problems.

I'm sure one of the fitbit mods/support will chime in soon enough and tell you follow xyz steps.  You can try them, but better to get it started via support since there is no known solution.

Sorry this happened to you.

Best Answer
0 Votes