Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery life/drain issues over the last 48hrs

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

i have had my ionic since Christmas Day 2017 and until 2 days ago that charge was very good dispite regular Running, and in the last 2 months swimming.

all of a sudden the battery is draining really quickly.  In 12 hrs it’s drained from 100% to 35%.

surely this isn’t right ? 

Im really worried that this very expensive watch us now NOT going to see me through my marathon training and the actual race.

any suggestions of how this can be sorted ? 

Many thankd 

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hi RachieD,  out of curiosity, was your battery issue ever resolved ? I'm having similar issues. I think it might be linked to the screensaver not working properly, but I'm not sure. 

Anders

Best Answer
0 Votes

That’s interesting as I’ve had mine since April and in just the last 3 days the battery drains in less than 3 hours. It seems the screen saver could be the problem as the watch is lit up most of the time. Any ideas on how to rectify that issue?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Paulcarn wrote:

That’s interesting as I’ve had mine since April and in just the last 3 days the battery drains in less than 3 hours. It seems the screen saver could be the problem as the watch is lit up most of the time. Any ideas on how to rectify that issue?

Disable the screen? Having the screen on all the time will kill the battery in no time flat. That's why it's designed to switch off after a few seconds of viewing.

Best Answer
0 Votes

No and its gotten considerably worse.

It was charged to 99% last night, went to bed and it has dropped considerably.  Went for a run this morning and then charged while getting ready for work.  I think I left the house with it on 80 something. (expecting that to get me through the day...................  It died at about 2.30pm (well that's when I noticed)  Its as dead as a Dodo.  Called customer service who believe its on 50%?  Well I cant see can I as the screen will not come on (told to press left and bottom right buttons together) the watch pulses, screen goes a lighter grey, then nothing.

Customer services have told me to use alcohol to clean the back of the watch and charge pins (not sure how this will increase the battery life???) and are going to send me tips to reduce batter usage (such as reduce notifications)

I haven't changed the screen, apart from to dim it to save battery.

I am certainly not happy at all as I rely on the watch for my marathon training and swimming.

Best Answer

I had the same problem and called Fitbit customer service. While on the phone they walked me through the reset process and asked that I do a full recharge turning off all notifications before using again. They further asked that I notify them when the battery fully drained. Customer service followed up with an email to me outlining the instructions given over the phone.

I fully charged my Ionic, made sure all apps and notifications were turned off and started using it again on Friday afternoon (July 13). My Ionic was dead by 3:30 Saturday morning.  As instructed I responded to the email advising that my battery was dead (at 3:30 in the morning, LOL). Monday July 16 I received a response from them acknowledging there was in fact a problem with my device. They also went on to say my device was still under warranty and that they were going to send a replacement. They gave me the option of taking a refurbed device or 50% off of the purchase of a new device. I selected the refurb option.

That same day (July 16) I received another email from them advising that a replacement device was going to be sent and that I would receive it within 7 days (July 23). The replacement device was waiting for me in my mail box when I got home from work the next day July 17.

I would call them and push the warranty issue.

This doesn't excuse them from selling devices that do not come close to meeting advertised capabilities, but in my particular case, they were very responsive to my issue and my experience with them was very positive. We will see how things go with the new device.

Best Answer