Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery life not lasting during exercise

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am now onto my second Ionic Fitbit watch which cost a pretty penny.  My first one (which there is a lengthy blog on the Fitbit forums) was regarding how, despite claims, it wasn't waterproof.  Despite these issues I did receive a replacement.

Onto the issue I'm experiencing now.  A brand new watch when fully charged lasts between 3 to 5 days, fantastic 👍👍.  My watch (which is a replacement for the water damaged one) is just over one and a half years old.  The full battery is now lasting less than 14 hrs, less if you are using it to monitor cardio etc activity.

I'm afraid this product is poor quality if these issues are happening and from what I see I'm not the only person.  I would like someone from Fitbit to comment on this and publicly tell me what they will do to resolve this. 

I have lost patience with this product.  When it is new or works it is great, unfortunately from experience and from what I'm reading there is a lot of issues with the Ionic. 

Prove me wrong Fitbit!

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity 

Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

Hello @Del75, it's nice to see you again participating here in the Community Forums.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention and for all the details that were shared in your post, I totally understand how frustrating this matter can be for you and if I was in the same position I'll be frustrated as well. To better assist you with your issue, can you please let me know if the battery life of your Ionic doesn't last much when you're performing an activity or with your daily stats too? When was the first time you experienced this issue and how many times since then?

Let me share with you that the battery of our Ionic was designed to last 5 days and 10 hours while using GPS, but keep in mind that this also depends on how frequently you use all the features of your device. That said, I recommend you charging your Fitbit device with a USB port from a computer or a UL-certified outlet into the wall and then turn off all the features that you don’t use that much.

After following the above information, please check this help article for more tips and recommendations. This article includes as restart process that will refresh the device's performance.

Keep me posted, I’ll be right here if you need anything else.

Best Answer