Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery life sudden crash

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have only had 2 good weeks of use of my ionic then all of a sudden, the last 2 days I lose about 15-20% battery life each 2 hours, rendering the Fitbit almost useless.

Have let it run right down ( empty ) and re charged to maximum. Have taken off all unnecessary apps .... all to no avail.

last resort is to contact customer service and also post this. 

I have to wait 2 days to get a reply from customer service, so maybe someone’s experienced the same and would be kind enough to share any fix?

thanks

phil. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

Have you tried restarting the Ionic by pressing the left button and bottom right button together for 15 secs? 

My next step would then probably be a full factory reset. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks N8tegee - just tried that now and will know in an hour if it makes a difference. Will let you know.
Cheers 🍻

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

This Ionic has been working perfectly for 3 months and suddenly the battery went from 60% to dead flat. It was OK at 11-15pm last night and no data since.. It was at day 2.5 at this time.. So on target for the typical battery drain.

This Ionic (a replacement) has been averaging 6.5 days between charges over that time.. Mainly walking etc.. Hardly any GPS.  It has been charged on the USB port of the computer..

The Ionic was so flat it needed a few minutes of charging before it automatically restarted.

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have charged the Ionic to 99% and after 1 hour it's still 99% and all of my functions used are working.. Fitbit Pay, notifications, HR etc..

@Colinm39 wrote:

This Ionic has been working perfectly for 3 months and suddenly the battery went from 60% to dead flat. It was OK at 11-15pm last night and no data since.. It was at day 2.5 at this time.. So on target for the typical battery drain.

This Ionic (a replacement) has been averaging 6.5 days between charges over that time.. Mainly walking etc.. Hardly any GPS.  It has been charged on the USB port of the computer..

The Ionic was so flat it needed a few minutes of charging before it automatically restarted.

Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
0 Votes

My ionic's battery died after six months. Support barraged me with tests and then refused to warranty it. Very frustrated. I hope you guys have better luck than I did.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I went through a validation process, ( though they could tell , and admitted such, from my on line data ) that my battery was crap.
Still, after this was done ( 1 week or so ) , they sent out a new one and have had no problems at all with it.
I guess it seems some batteries just aren’t stable enough.

Cheers

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

@PAMB27  Thanks for the quick response.. I'm documenting and communicating with Support via email.. So far they have confirmed what happened as they did with you.

As at posting this I have had 24 hours of a charged Ionic and it has settled @ 0.42%/hour which is typical of my last 2.5 months.. and on track for about 6 days again. What caused the hiccup ... who knows...Recorded sleep OK last night..

This is what I did for my first replacement for the "non-connecting GPS".  Just built up email documentation and then Support agreed and within 3 days I had a new Ionic from OS... (fortunately in Australia we have the email option at at all times).

@PAMB27 wrote:
I went through a validation process, ( though they could tell , and admitted such, from my on line data ) that my battery was crap.
Still, after this was done ( 1 week or so ) , they sent out a new one and have had no problems at all with it.
I guess it seems some batteries just aren’t stable enough.

Cheers

Sent from my iPad

Best Answer
0 Votes