Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery not charging

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a fitbit Ionic and as of yesterday the battery drained in less than 2h. Today it wouldn't charge and wouldn't turn on. I contacted Fitbit customer service and they respond with unfortunately very useless and general answers such as we're waiting to engage as maybe sb in the community finds the solution!

It sounds like there are lots of similar complaints so may be a software upgrade issue

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hi @m_g_t, It's nice to see you again participating here in the Community Forums, welcome back!

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts and personal experience with your Fitbit device, I understand your situation and how frustrating this matter can be for you. I'd like to let you know that we are always striving to improve the Fitbit experience with our products and services, therefore, the feedback that's shared here in the Community Forums is always appreciated and really helpful for us to evaluate our procedures and make sure that we are delivering what our users want and need.

Since you already received assistance from our Customer Support team, I suggest you to contact them back if you require further assistance or if you have any additional questions about the outcome of your case. Also, for a better understanding of the information they provided to you, please check our warranty policies here

Let me know if you have any additional questions, I'll be around.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, that's the problem! I haven't received any help from your fitbit team and the fitbit is dead, so I can't charge it

Best Answer
0 Votes

Your reply is appreciated @m_g_t, sorry for the delayed response.

I was informed by our Support team that they provided you information today regarding the inconvenience experienced with your Ionic, therefore, please contact them back and check your email inbox for any updates.

I'll be around if you need anything else.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

the fitbit support suggested I do a software upgrade and ensure I don't use 3rd party clock faces. None of these helped. 

Can you please send me a replacement device? I've tried all they suggested and it hasn't helped.

Thanks.

Here's the communication:

Hi,

Thank you so much for the information you've provided via community, we really appreciate you for taking part on our Fitbit community. Let's work together to find the best solution for your Ionic's battery short life.

Upon checking, we've seen that your device was last synced on December 26th with 19% battery level.

For us to properly assess your Ionic's battery trend, we'd like to recommend for you to perform a battery drain test to see how long your battery lasts after a full charge. But first, please confirm if you are using a third party clock face? If so, please switch to a Fitbit clock face by following the steps in How do I change the clock face on my Fitbit device?

Now to proceed, please do the following:
  1. Fully charged your device. 
  2. Please restart your device by following the steps in How do I restart my Fitbit device?
  3. Sync your device five to six times a day.
  4. Wear it until the battery is fully depleted.
When your battery is completely drained, meaning that your Fitbit device is no longer responsive and you no longer see the low battery indicator, let us know the day you fully charged your tracker and the day it was fully depleted. With this information, we’ll be able to better research how long your tracker's battery is lasting.

Additionally, we have just released a new version of our Fitbit app. You may go to How do I update the app to the latest version? to take advantage of this update as it provides feature enhancements and product improvements.

We look forward to hearing from you. Should you have any other concerns, feel free to let us know.

Sincerely,

Rave C. and the Fitbit Team

--

Hi 
My fitbit is dead and won't change as I mentioned in many previous posts, I don't use 3rd party clock faces and your software upgrade did nothing to make the device charge and turn on. The issue with the device and the way your team has engaged so far has been substandard and I would like to be reimbursed for this device that isn't working anymore. I am not interested in your products anymore. Please let me know how I will get reimbursed. 
Thank you.

Hi,

We appreciate you getting back to us and do recognize your feedback with what you're feeling towards the situation.

To address your concern, we do offer refunds for devices bought from fitbit.com and within 45 days from purchase. Should you wish to have a refund on the product, we would recommend you to contact the retailer directly. 

On the other hand, we'd appreciate if we go ahead and further troubleshoot the issue with you as we would like to make sure that all possible troubleshooting steps had been initiated.

If you haven't done so., we recommend you to try the solutions below: 
  • Dust and debris can accumulate over time. Clean the charging contacts on the back of your device and the pins on your charging cable using the instructions in How do I clean my Fitbit device?
  • Try a different USB port or a UL-certified wall charger.
  • Check the alignment and try reconnecting your device to the charging cable. For more information, see How do I charge my Fitbit device?
  • Remove other devices plugged in to your power source, or plug your device in to another source.
We hope this helps. Let us know if you have further questions.

Sincerely,

Floyd A. and the Fitbit Team

Hi fitbit,

The fitbit is as dead is it can be and none of your suggestions did it.

I have received the fitbit as a gift last year. Given that it's a problem that comes from your software upgrade, please send me a replacement device.

Thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi fitbit,

It's disappointing *yet, again!* to see that you do not want to send me a replacement device given that my device has stopped working after your firmware update glitch. I have reported this prior to Xmas, when my fitbit was below 1 year old, thus under your warranty and I have sent you more 10 messages. Many customers have complained about the same issue! I hope you take your customers seriously! Please send me a replacement device given that this is your own firmware issue. No, I don't want to purchase a new device!

Thank you-

---

Hi,

Thank you for getting back to us and providing the requested information for our record.

Upon checking, we've reviewed our system and we're able to verify that your Ionic has reached the one-year Fitbit limited warranty which started from the date of purchase. If you have any questions, or would like to clarify some information about our warranty policy, you may visit this link: Return Policy and Warranty.

Although this is the case, we value you as a customer and we'd like to keep you in the Fitbit family to continue reaching your fitness goals. We’ll be happy to provide you with a discount. You can take advantage of the following benefits if you purchased the tracker or watch directly from our Fitbit store: 

• 40% discount towards our newest watch: Versa Lite.
  • 25% discount towards the following trackers: Zip, Alta HR, Charge 3, Versa, Ionic, Inspire and Inspire HR. 
  • Money back guarantee within 45 days from the date of purchase. 
  • A new Fitbit device with a new warranty cycle.

Please reply to this email and indicate if you agree to have the discount offer honored, if your answer is affirmative you'll receive a separate email with the discount. The email will include a link you can click in the next 30 days to shop fitbit.com. The discount is automatically applied to regular price at check out. 

Mirela, we look forward to your answer, thank you for being a Fitbit customer. 

Sincerely,

Jane and the Fitbit Team

Best Answer
0 Votes