Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery problems-Ionic

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

In the last few months, I noticed that the battery life of my Ionic is getting shorter. It used to be that I would easily get 5+ days, but that is reduced to barely 2 days in the last few months. I know that the maximum capacity of a battery is reduced during its life, but it doesn't lose over 50% in a few months.

At the same time, it also started showing weird behaviour. It can lose 50+% battery charge from one moment to the next which means it could go from completely charged to empty in a few hours. Sometimes it would also gain 20-30% by just putting it on the charger for a few seconds.

I tried factory resetting the device to see if it was software related, but that didn't change anything.

Perhaps unrelated (or not, who knows) but for the last year or so, there seemed to be a problem charging. When I would connect the charging cable, sometimes I needed to fiddle a bit to get the charging going and sometimes it would then show a message saying it was charging slowly due to low power from the charger. This happens with two different charging cables (Fitbit originals) and several different chargers and I already tried the cleaning instructions for the charging port.

What is going on with my Ionic and is there a way to get it functioning reliably again?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Thank you for visiting the Fitbit Community, @JarnoG.

I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties you experienced with your Fitbit Ionic. Thank you for trying to get them resolved before contacting us.

In addition to cleaning the pins on the device and trying different chargers, you can find in this article some other troubleshooting steps to resolve charging issues.

For tips to extend your Fitbit device's battery life, please visit this site.

If you followed the instructions shared above without luck, the best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. Please click here to get connected.

Have a nice day.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've had problems charging the Ionic forever. Have to attach, detach, wiggle the connector to finally get it charging. I eventually get it to connect and charge, but takes many attempts to get it to start charging.

My problem is that when I'm out running and the battery gets down to about 40%, the FitBit shuts off and can't be started. I get home, plug in the charger, after fiddling with it, it starts showing and battery is at 40%. Why it likes to shut down on runs at 40%, I don't know.

Frustrating to find out that the last 10 minutes of your morning run are not recorded.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for visiting the Fitbit Community, @DFB-WC-14-Champ.

Thanks for the information provided.

If after following the troubleshooting steps shared above you continue having difficulties with your Fitbit Ionic, please get in touch with Customer Support. They will let you know how to proceed as soon as possible.

See you around.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
0 Votes