Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Bluetooth Headphones for Ionic?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I need suggestions for good, wireless headphones that pair well with the Ionic that won’t break the bank. I LOVE the ones I have now for playing music from my phone. They don’t skip at all with my phone. With my Ionic, however, they skip constantly, which really throws off my stride during my run. I appreciate and am looking forward to some excellent suggestions!

Best Answer
30 REPLIES 30

When you said "supports Bluetooth low energy (4.0)" are you saying at least 4.0 or not more than 4.0? The headphones I have that are breaking up are 4.1. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I got an ionic for Christmas and it cuts out constantly. What a pointless waste of money. I was so excited to get it but now my runs are ruined. Sold my charge 2 and Tom Tom spark so I’m having to run with my phone again for music. And run strava in case ionic fails. And keep watching my watch just in case 🤦🏻‍:female_sign:

Best Answer

My headphones cut out 4 times on a 5k run and when I look at ionic it’s restarted. My run spells a word so 4 separate runs is no use to me. 

Absolutely fuming.

A091A3F0-4878-40C0-B18E-4D90A90A5BEA.png

My friend tagged me in but she’s slower than me. Plus stopping 4 times is not the way I run 

Best Answer
0 Votes

totally agree - their support and attitude to this is dire.  They should state quite clearly that headphones may not all be compatible

Best Answer

Ive tried that with two different sets that are bluetooth 4.0.  If I hold my left arm high, then the music does not cut out. However when I lower my arm to normal walking height, the music breaks up. Apparently the Iconic has a low output bluetooth radio. It it is more than 2 feet from the headset it breaks up.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ive tried with two different sets that are bluetooth 4.0.  If I hold my left arm high, then the music does not cut out. However when I lower my arm to normal walking height, the music breaks up. Apparently the Iconic has a low output bluetooth radio. It it is more than 2 feet from the headset it breaks up.

Best Answer
I have had the best success using headphones that are Bluetooth v.1. If you
do anything more or less...they skip.
Best Answer
0 Votes

will this work with the ionic?????

OOOUSE True Wireless Earbuds,Bluetooth 5.0 in Ear Wireless 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I’m not sure...I’ve never tried Bluetooth 5.0 with the ionic. Bluetooth
4.1, I believe it is, tends to work the best.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have Bose QuietControl30.  It shows up on my PC, Iphone6s, and my Samsung TV, but it doesn't work IONIC Fitbit watch.  
Tech support says because IONIC uses an older version of Bluetooth.  Ionic is an older model in their lineup.  2017 is when IONIC came out.  I am going to see if older model headphones work on this crap.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yep, when my last pair of bluetooth v4.1 headphones died, I had to go hunting for a new pair that were bluetooth v4.1, in the hope that they work with the Ionic. Luckily I did find a pair and they do work fine with the Ionic. 

Best Answer
0 Votes