Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best headphones for the Ionic

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Just wondering whats everyone's thoughts on the best headphones for the Ionic, connection and sound wise. I'm an outdoor runner, so looking for something that's not gonna cut in and out plus stay in my ear at all times..

Thanks in advance.

Best Answer
0 Votes
24 REPLIES 24

@samobrien14 Welcome to the Fitbit family! Thanks for your interest in Ionic's Bluetooth compatibility with headphones to listen to music.

For what I've seen in the Community Forums, the best headphones you can get to connect with Fitbit Ionic are the Fitbit Flyer. This headphone were designed to be used with Fitbit Ionic specifically. I'd recommend those. Take a look at them here.

Some cool features from the Fitbit Flyer:

• Sweatproof
  • Secure and comfortable fit
  • Premium wireless sound
  • 6 hours playtime (varies with use)
  • Music and call controls

Keen to hear what other headphones users recommends?

Hope this helps. Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m using Skullcandy Hesh 2 without any issues. Not sure if they would be good for outdoor running though. 

Best Answer

There is no way I'm gonna pay $170 for a pair of earbud headphones. I'll eave the music on my phone thanks!

Moderator Edit: Format

Best Answer

Mine keep making  this terrible sound like it will play and then disconnect 

Best Answer
0 Votes

They are not a secure fit at all.  They fall out every time that I turn my head or after 2-5 minutes of running with both the fins and the wings.  They need a hook for the ear.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I recently bought the Bose® - SoundSport® Free wireless headphones and they paired nicely with the Ionic watch.  Worked great while at home but as soon as I went out for a run there was immediate signal dropping.  One side would glitch out then cut back on and the other would go out.  Back and forth this continued before I had to turn off and just use my iPhone synced to the Bose for music during the run.  I'm not sure if its the headphones or the watch itself that's having issues.  As I sit here typing this I have the Ionic watch Bluetooth to my SONY 1000XM2 Headphones with absolutely NO problem BUT I am sitting down at t a computer typing. Hopefully, a Fitbit rep can pop on here and help to clear up some answers.  If not, I'll take back the BOSE and try the SONY Sports earbuds

Best Answer

@MrFloatGuy Welcome to the Fitbit Community! Thanks for sharing the situation you are experiencing with your Bluetooth headphones.

Please try the following to re establish the connection between your watch and headphones:

Try using them while running again and check if the same situation persists. Something else I've seen in the forums is that wearing the watch in the other wrist has helped with this. Also, checking if there is another Bluetooth device that may be interfering the signal between watch and headphones is important. Bluetooth signal needs to be solid so even the environment in which you are running is important to consider.

Try that out and let me know how it goes! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks, @SantiR. I will switch wrist tomorrow and see how that goes.  I'm running in a large park that should be relatively clear of all other Bluetooth.  I've been running around 6 am so I'm the only one around. Now I do have my iPhone with me while running so I can use the Fitbit map to map the run.  Maybe I'll turn this off of Bluetooth as well and see how that goes.  I'll report back!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MrFloatGuy Thanks for your reply and for providing those details! 

Did them work correctly after switching wrists? 

Something else you could try is only using the GPS from your watch. You could try turning your phone's off and check if you get a map while only using the integrated GPS your watch has. Try the same with Bluetooth, try turning off your phone's one and check if that makes any difference.

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SantiR - Two days in a row of turning off the Bluetooth to my phone seem to do the trick for allowing me to play music from the watch to the BOSE headphones.  Thanks for the help. 

Best Answer

@MrFloatGuy Thanks for your reply and for sharing the results. I'm very glad to read that you are now listening to awesome music on your headphones through Ionic. 

Hopefully, this will be helpful for other users experiencing anything similar.

Also, take a look at the Discussions Board as you will find a lot of interesting things there. Feel free to post on any thread you want. If you are looking for Fitbit friends to compete with on challenges, check this thread to add some! 

See you around! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

On another Ionic - Bluetooth earbud thread, I read that people are having luck with Bluetooth ver 4.1 earbuds ...

Anyone? 

TY. 

Best Answer
Having great luck with Soundpeats Q34 from Amazon $25. Connects in seconds and connection is always solid no matter if I'm running or walking and with GPS on too. Never has cut out, sounds great.
Ionic, retired Blaze.
Best Answer

I bought the Sony MDRXB70BT/B yesterday. 

I was able to test them in the store, and then on a run yesterday with GPS.

They work. Yippie.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @samobrien14 and Welcome!  The Bluetooth Headphones/Earbuds I use and have had zero issues with are;  Fitbit Flyer and the Bang & Olufsen E8 (my new favorites), granted they are a tad pricey, but the sound and comfort is beyond reproach!  Hope this helped and Keep on STEPPING!

Community Council Member

Gunny | Richmond, VA (USA)

Ionic Adidas Edition, Versa Special Edition, Aria 2 & Flyer | iPhone & Windows 10

Take a look at the Fitbit Help site for further Assistance & Information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey Fitbit team - there’s critical issues with the Fitbit Ionic’s ability to persistently maintain a Bluetooth connection to headphones (that aren’t made by Fitbit) that needs to be fixed. It’s a huge bummer that the promise of using the Ionic as THE device to workout can’t be kept. When can Fitbit publish a list of headphones that pass Fitbit testing and “work with” Fitbit devices? Providing the only option to listen to sound from the Ionic is to use official Fitbit headphones is a miserable customer experience. I’ve tried two different Bluetooth headsets, that work flawlessly with my iPhone, that have an inconsistent experience with the Ionic (cutting out frequently, inability to pair after successfully paring previously, etc.). The troubleshooting steps don’t work (I’ve spent over 2.5 hours). What’s Fitbit’s strategy to address this issue?

Best Answer

Hello @SteveInSeattle and welcome.  As an Ionic and wireless Bluetooth owner/user, I can appreciate your feedback. Until there is an official fix, I would recommend just wearing your Ionic on your “Right” wrist.  Since most devices connect on the “Right” earpiece, my experience has been fantastic!  I realize this may be a slight inconvenience, but having uninterrupted music playback, out weighs that inconvenience, IMO.  

Hope this helps and Keep on STEPPING!

Community Council Member

Ionic Adidas Edition, Versa Special Edition, Aria 2 & Flyer | iPhone & Windows 10

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do you like the B&O E8's for sound comfort and fit? I have the Bose Sound Sport Free and really like the deep, rich bass they produce.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @KO78660 and welcome!  The E8 is my wireless choice and the sound is superb. They are inconspicuous, easy to use and if you enjoy sound, will not disappoint.  Bose is known for their unique sound stage as is B&O, however, they are different.   IMO, Bose adds more bass at the detriment to the mids and highes, whereas B&O tends to not alter allowing the full sound stage to work fully.  B&O also has an app for the E8, that just adds to your enjoyment. Highly Recommend!

Hope this helped and keep on STEPPING!

Community Council Member

Best Answer
0 Votes