Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best setting for nordic skiing.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have been using my Ionic for tracking my nordic skiing jaunts, but sometimes the distance is way off.  is the ionic compensating for the lack of steps?  Should I use a different setting instead?

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

@rvatsaasWelcome.... What setting are you using now and are you wanting GPS..?

wrote:

I have been using my Ionic for tracking my nordic skiing jaunts, but sometimes the distance is way off.  is the ionic compensating for the lack of steps?  Should I use a different setting instead?

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have used the exercise "Bike" for nordic skiing. I believe it is the best sport type for it for now as it uses GPS to track speed etc. Fitbit should really allow users to create new/custom sport activities. Also sad that the Fitbit API does not allow applications to start sport activities.

Best Answer
Definitely want GPS. Recorded distance is sometimes correct, and sometimes
short. I dont know if it is a low sampling rate or what is causing the
shortfall.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi.

I tried "Run" It did not work. It seems that the app believed that I had stopped, and didn't update the position in every downhill. I think it has something to do with lack of arm movements.
What I really would like is an development app where users could register movements during specific sports. Then Fitbit /some developer could use this crowd collected data to make some great (Nordic skiing) apps.

Best Answer