Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Big Weather message

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I keep getting weather message to go to kzl.io/bigw to unlock big weather .when I do it says it has to be purchased. Dont want it and cannot get rid of message on my watch. Have tried everything . Someone pls help . Going mad lol thanks everyone now got it sorted , it was the new clock face I changed to so now gone back to original xx thank you all 

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi everyone! 

I took a look at the app description for Big Weather and can confirm that this clock face requires payment after a free 3-day trial. 

While all apps and clock faces in the Fitbit App Gallery are free to download, some apps and clock faces require a paid subscription service (such as Pandora) or a one-time activation fee (to a developer). 

For more information on the new app gallery, check out the article, here

Hope this helps! If you have any questions, you know where to find me. 

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
79 REPLIES 79

I thought all watch faces would be free?  When you read the detail of the Big Weather watch face it says, "Requires $.0.99 Kiezelpay payment after a free 3-day trial."  Is this allowed or is this a violation of the Fitbit policy?

Thanks!

Moderator edit: added label

Best Answer

I saw that one too.  I kept scrolling/swiping after reading the description.

Curious to see what FitBit says about it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

From the Fitbit blog:

Capture.JPG

Best Answer

I downloaded that one too but it didn't say I had to pay. I liked it, I used it for say 15 minutes it's nice but it crashed on my watch, maybe that is why it crashed so I choose another one for now.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Butterflywings wrote:

I downloaded that one too but it didn't say I had to pay. I liked it, I used it for say 15 minutes it's nice but it crashed on my watch, maybe that is why it crashed so I choose another one for now.  

It doesn't say you have have to pay when you download, it is buried in the description, at the bottom.  So you have to click to "see more", and it says 0.99 after 3 days free. 

I have had crash problems with it as well, I am 100% done with that one. 

Best Answer

That sounds like a Pebble app. The Fitbit weather app doesn't do this and doesn't have notifications. What apps did you install? Is it possibly coming from your phone?

Best Answer

Hi Cheryl 

Any luck  as yet ? I’m having the same issue it’s doing my head in lol 🙈

Best Answer

No luck as of yet ! Its still happning and ive only had it a **ahem** week . I havent installed any apps either it only started appearing a day or so ago . Aaarrrggghhhhhh so frustrating . Help please lol 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I’ll do my best and I’ll get back to you good luck in the meantime 😊

Craig Ward
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Cheryle111 did you change watch face?

Aria, Fitbit MobileTrack on iOS. Previous: Flex, Force, Surge, Blaze

Best Answer
0 Votes

I need all the luck I can get atm lol 

So aarrgghhhhhh with it im havin a glass of wine hahahahaha 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes I did but the weather message came up about 3 days after . Is that the probs ? 

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Cheryle111 wrote:
Yes I did but the weather message came up about 3 days after . Is that the probs ? 

If you downloaded a watch face, then I bet the message is coming because app developer is looking to release a paid version someday. Switch to a Fitbit watch face and I bet the weather messages will stop.

Aria, Fitbit MobileTrack on iOS. Previous: Flex, Force, Surge, Blaze

Best Answer
Absolutely fantastic problem resolved, thank you very much for this information.
Have a great day 😊

Craig Ward
Best Answer

Hi everyone! 

I took a look at the app description for Big Weather and can confirm that this clock face requires payment after a free 3-day trial. 

While all apps and clock faces in the Fitbit App Gallery are free to download, some apps and clock faces require a paid subscription service (such as Pandora) or a one-time activation fee (to a developer). 

For more information on the new app gallery, check out the article, here

Hope this helps! If you have any questions, you know where to find me. 

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

I constantly get notifications on my ionic watch, that If I want to contine using the weather app bigweather I need to go to a website kzl.io/bigw enter the code I see on my ionic watch and pay. I dont want this app and I dont want to pay. How can I get rid of these constant pop ups on my tracker?

Best Answer

@Karin3001

That's a watch face, not an app. Select a different one that doesn't require payment, and you won't see that any more.

Best Answer
Thanks!
Best Answer

According to the app store, the developer choose to make this clock a paid clock. Can't blame him for wanting to make a few dollars for his time. 

Best Answer