Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluetooth classic - no artist info and notifications

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I want music control on my Android (using Spotify), so I turned on Bluetooth Classic.

However, I don't get any artist information. I also don't receive any notifications on my Ionic anymore, even though they are definitely turned on.

Anyone else having this issue? Do notifications not work with Bluetooth Classic? Any fixes?

Best Answer
0 Votes
22 REPLIES 22
I got it working magically... i believe i unpaired the bluetooth LE and set
the fit bit up again. Disabled and re enabled notifications a couple times
and this gmail notification is the first one to come through.

Hooray for magic! I'll see if i can nail down this process.

Thanks for the tip though i will make sure i try that too!
Best Answer

I had the issue where I WAS able to control my google music from my watch, but the artist info would NOT show up; which was very aggravating b/c I didn't have this issue w/ my blaze. However I followed the steps below and "magically" it worked...I still don't know how but it did! 

1. I pressed play on my watch (with 'artist info not available' on the screen) and continued to let the music play

2. I went to watch 'settings'--> 'bluetooth'-->then turned bluetooth classic 'off'

3. I long pressed the top right button and my music screen showed up w/ the artist info suddenly available!!!!

4. I pressed the left button to return to the 'bluetooth' settings screen, then I turned bluetooth classic back 'on'; and the artist info was still showing, even when I changed tracks.  

Works seamlessly now! Hopefully it will continue 🙂 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same issue, Bluetooth classic doesn't even connect when I open the music controls. I have a brand new phone (Google pixel 2) I got both the same day. I have to go into my BT setting to connect to BT classic, but even then it's not showing music info. 

Best Answer
0 Votes