Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brand new ionic adidas already registered 1.6k steps after set up

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I recently purchased a fitbit ionic adidas edition. By recent, I specifically mean around 8 hours ago. I followed the steps for set up as prescribed by the manual. After setting up and updating to the latest OS, I saw that my fitbit has already registered 1.5k steps. I have done all the setting up while seated and while the watch is removed. I tried to do a factory reset, which required me to undergo another set up and update, which I did. However, the 1.6k steps remains. I have tried doing the manually logging the time as driving, however the step count remains. Please advise on what I should do.

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Do you already have a Fitbit linked to your account and have walked 1.6 k steps?

“Just keep swimming,Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming”- Dory
If you find my answers helpful, Vote for them and accept them as the Solution!
Ionic | Charge 2 | iPad 2017 running iOS 12.1.2 Beta
Best Answer
0 Votes

Nope. First time to purchase a fitbit. First time to register for a fitbit account. I am fairly certain I did not walk 1.6k steps the moment i bought the ionic, until this point. I certainly did not make any steps since I started to set up the watch until it showed i walked 1.6k steps 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Steps get cleared down every 24 hrs but unfortunately you can't manually remove them from the tracker.

What you might possibly be able to do is log into your account on the Web, look and see if there is a phantom activity that had created those steps and delete it.

Best Answer