Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calories displayed as "- -" for exercises in Android app

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Workout exercise mode is not displaying the calories burned in the exercise summary view. It's displaying a dash instead. The data has been synced and stored properly, but I didn't have this problem since I started using the Ionic.

Screenshot_20171004-220604.png

Screenshot_20171004-221052.png

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

It's a known issue with the app that affects weights, workout and bootcamp modes. Fitbit is aware of the problem, at least as of yesterday.

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
166 REPLIES 166

@xTommyG, I don't believe it has anything to do with the Ionic per-se, it is just how the new app works for all Fitbit trackers.

Best Answer

I'm having the same issue with my Ionic xTommyG. Calories burnt will show after some exercise, but not others. Didn't have this issue with my Surge. 

Best Answer

I also have this missing calories on the summary page. In addition, when I try to manually edit it, the app crashes (Android).

Best Answer

I have the same problem.

Best Answer

I have the same problem.  This is probably an app issue and not an Ionic issue.

Best Answer

I called Fitbit support +18776234997 and they did not have knowledge of this issue. They said they will get back to me in 48 hours. I sent them my screenshot with the following feedback.

1. Workout and Spinning do not show calories on the summary page (Android app), whereas walks do.

2. Walks show time. Spinning and workouts show mileage. Mileage is not so relevant to workout or spinning. I would rather see minutes. Time is relevant to walks, but also mileage is relevant.

3. Walks show "## avg bpm", but others just show a number, which I assume is avg but it needs a label.

This thread seems not yet monitored by fitbit, though I called it to their attention. Perhaps phone calls would help. I see this as an important bug for them to fix.

Screenshot_2017-10-11-09-26-56.png

Best Answer

I noticed the same thing as soon as I started using the Ionic.

Best Answer

Same here!  Only had the problem since ionic upgrade. 

Best Answer

@skratchgonzo wrote:

Same here!  Only had the problem since ionic upgrade. 

Agree, but the thing is, that's when all of the new software updates came out for the phone apps as well as the dashboard.  It is a timing issue and not an Ionic issue.

Best Answer

It's a known issue with the app that affects weights, workout and bootcamp modes. Fitbit is aware of the problem, at least as of yesterday.

Dave | California

Best Answer

I just noticed this also. Does anyone know if it's at least carrying over for food logging portion of the app? That's crucial for me and others I'm sure. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@WavyDavey wrote:

It effects everything I log, martial arts, yoga. Anything 

Best Answer

@RL7 wrote:

I just noticed this also. Does anyone know if it's at least carrying over for food logging portion of the app? That's crucial for me and others I'm sure. 

Yes, everything carries over-- calories burned, active minutes, etc. It's just a display issue that shows up on the activity list.

Dave | California

Best Answer

That's a relief. Thanks for clarifying and much appreciated. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is still not fixed after multiple app updates.

Screenshot_20171029-142227.png

Best Answer

It's a **ahem**ing joke

@xTommyG wrote:

This is still not fixed after multiple app updates.

Screenshot_20171029-142227.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can confirm I also have this issue but only on some of my workouts, not all, all made with Ionic. I'll ask Fitbit to look into it... maybe if we are more with the same issue and ask them nicely....

Best Answer

I have reported same issue to Fitbit support, got told to update android app then restart phone, it has done it another 3 times. I've replied again to their response from 3 days ago with new screenshot evidence but now I am not receiving any replies. I messaged them this morning to resolve by Sat 4 Nov or I will insist on a full refund

Best Answer

My husband and I both bought the new Fitbit Ionic - since setting it up calories do not display.  Called Fitbit the tech didn't know anything about the issue and told me to log out of the app and go back in and calories should be there. I asked to be transferred to someone else and they knew about the issue and said their engineers are working on it. 

Best Answer