Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calories displayed as "- -" for exercises in Android app

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Workout exercise mode is not displaying the calories burned in the exercise summary view. It's displaying a dash instead. The data has been synced and stored properly, but I didn't have this problem since I started using the Ionic.

Screenshot_20171004-220604.png

Screenshot_20171004-221052.png

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity 

Best Answer
166 REPLIES 166

@Kickboxer2, do you see the calorie burn displayed on the face of the Ionic?

Best Answer
0 Votes
The total calories for the day but not individual workouts.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Does this issue pertain to both the phone app as well as the Fitbit Dashboard?

Can you post a screen shot of what you're seeing?

When you end a workout, does the summary screen on the Ionic show the calories burned?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I can see the calories on the dashboard.

When I am done working out the summary shows the calories.

See screenshot of what I am seeing.

Do you work for Fitbit or?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Scroll way up on the thread. I posted an example a few weeks ago after a
tech support call.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Kickboxer2 wrote:

Do you work for Fitbit or?

Nope, just a fellow user trying to understand what's going on and maybe offer a helpful solution.

The above said, now that I think about it, I don't believe I've ever done a "workout" in the 30+ months I've been using a Fitbit so maybe it's time for me to shut up now.  🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine worked before I got the new Fitbit Ionic
Best Answer

@Kickboxer2 wrote:
Mine worked before I got the new Fitbit Ionic

I'm thinking it may be an issue of timing; I've seen a number of issues reported with similar language, however, when the Ionic was release, so too was new software for the phone platforms as well as the Dashboard on Fitbit.com.  The above mentioned reports were initially issued by the Ionic community only to have them show up for non-Ionic trackers.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The support is full of **ahem**, people been waiting for a UK food database for 5 years. They don't give a **ahem** about customer service. Bought the watch because it's supposed to have contactless payments and an app store non if which work or look to be getting released anytime soon, fitbit are dog**ahem** 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can confirm this issue with Ionic-tracked exercise on the android app. Exercise modes such as Workout and Weights (among others) do not display correctly in the Activity List. On the Win app and on the web dashboard the display is correct.

Calories are always displayed as a "dash". Distance is estimated, even on modes that are not distance-based.

The calories burned do display by clicking through the Activity List to the exercise. They are also correctly counted in the daily counts.

Screenshot_20171010-232325.jpgFYI @CarlosCFitbit.

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer

@skratchgonzo wrote:

The support is full of **ahem**, people been waiting for a UK food database for 5 years. They don't give a **ahem** about customer service. Bought the watch because it's supposed to have contactless payments and an app store non if which work or look to be getting released anytime soon, fitbit are dog**ahem** 

Wow, quite the attitude.  I don't believe it was ever stated the payment and app store functionality would be fully functional day 1.  I strongly suspect if you pull a Rip Van Winkle the functionality you desire will be available when you wake up.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm a little late. It's 11-4-2017 and I'm having. The exact same issues as you, even after multiple updates. I see people in this thread are saying it's the app that's messed up,  but that is wrong. My wife and I upgraded from surge to blaze with no issues, but when we switched to the ionic we both started having the same issues as you and others. I haven't called fitbit yet,  but I am pretty angry because the price for both watches with warranty is really expensive

Best Answer
0 Votes
What frustrates me even more when you call Fitbit the ones answering the
phones know nothing about the issue so they want to do troubleshooting.
Have you tried music on it yet to see if that works?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Anyone else having this issue? I have only done two workouts with my ionic (I previously had the blaze) and the calories burned does not show in the app only shows the two lines (if I open the workout I can see all details including calories burned Screenshot_20171114-175548.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

@ummbubbles I hope you're doing well! I moved your post to the Android App Board as there are more chances for you to receive answer to your inquiry here.

Has this happened only with those two activities? Please check the online dashboard's activity log and verify if the calories will show there. How are you tracking your exercises? 

Also, try the following:

• Log out from the Fitbit app.
  • Reboot your phone.
  • Log back in to the Fitbit app.

Please try to log in another exercise and let me know if the exercise log shows the calories like that as well.

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer

Thank you. Looks like logging out, rebooting and logging back in may have worked. 

After the reboot I logged one "yoga" exercise with 1 calorie burned and one "workout" exercise with 1 calorie burned and both showed up in the app. 

I'll try it again tonight when I do a full workout.  

Best Answer

That is awesome! @ummbubbles I'm glad to hear that it showed calories!

Please let me know how it goes when doing a full workout! I'll be around.

In the meanwhile, you might like to take a look at the Discussions Board as you will find a lot of interesting things there. Feel free to post on any thread you want!

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer

Im having the same issue too with the ionic watch. It's a software issue. Hopine fitbit will fix it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same issue. It's a bug in the software. Hopefully fitbit will fix it!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Can't believe it! I logged out, cleared the apps cache and restarted my phone and now all of the activities that wouldn't display calories are showing them! I tested it with martial arts, bootcamp and yoga. 

Best Answer
0 Votes