Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calories displayed as "- -" for exercises in Android app

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Workout exercise mode is not displaying the calories burned in the exercise summary view. It's displaying a dash instead. The data has been synced and stored properly, but I didn't have this problem since I started using the Ionic.

Screenshot_20171004-220604.png

Screenshot_20171004-221052.png

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity 

Best Answer
166 REPLIES 166

Wouldn't hold your breath 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hate this  

Best Answer
0 Votes

That did not work for me for "workout". Android.

Did it display the data for old workouts, or just for new workouts?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you logout from the app, clear your cache and restart your phone? After I did those three things I synced my phone and I left my Bluetooth and location on while I tested the workouts, I'll try again with "workout" now 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I logged out. Flicked the app away from recents. In Android settings - apps - Fitbit - storage I cleared cache and data. Restarted phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

OK, so I tried again, logging workout martial arts and yoga, of the 3 the only one that logged was "workout".The only thing I did different last time is start the workouts while my phone was connected to the watch. So I logged martial arts again after the sync while the my phone was still connected and it worked. So I guess this isn't solved at all. Try that see what it does for you, sync your phone, log an activity after the sync and then sync again without turning off your Bluetooth or location. Screenshot_20171118-232751.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

I usually have my phone nearby, so this worked for me in testing. It did not fix old ones, but will help in the future. Thank you.Screenshot_2017-11-18-19-49-46.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah, it's not a satisfactory fix for me but hopefully the info will help them fix it. 

Best Answer

Still having the same issue almost a month later. I shouldn't have to restart my phone and app before every workout for the calories to show up 

Best Answer

They don't care, I started emailing support with all the info and they have just stopped responding. 

@ummbubbles wrote:

Still having the same issue almost a month later. I shouldn't have to restart my phone and app before every workout for the calories to show up 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Screenshot_20171129-140316.png

It can't be that hard to fix 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Restarting my phone and app doesn't work for me.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yep I'm the same. Not sure what these other people are talking about...

Best Answer
0 Votes

When I track my exercise and then go into my phone app to look at the workout why doesn't it show me the calories burnt until I actually click on the work out and then on calories ???

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's great to have you here @julesth! When you check your activities, it should show you the duration, heart rate and calories burned. Once, you click on the activity it will show you more details information. I've attached a screenshot with examples in how your activities should be displayed in your app. 

exercises2.jpg

If you're looking at something different then provide me with a screenshot of the data that you're getting. 

Hope this helps! 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

20171228_002204.png20171228_002236.jpg

I'm having the same issue. Instead of seeing a number next to the :fire:icon section, .mine shows "--". If I OPEN the workout and move to the calorie tab, the calories are visible there. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am aware of what it should look like and thats what I am saying its not displaying it correctly it just give me 2 dashes and then if I click onto the next screen it gives me calories burnt.  How do I fix this it its very frustrating 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@julesth, is this the same issue as described below?

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Ionic/Weights-workout-kickboxing-show-up-like-walking-distance-and-n...

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is very frustrating. It's been nearly three months of this issue -- why isn't it fixed?! 

Best Answer

Because fitbit clearly don't care. We're talking to fitbit users, no one from the company is here 

Best Answer
0 Votes