Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calories displayed as "- -" for exercises in Android app

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Workout exercise mode is not displaying the calories burned in the exercise summary view. It's displaying a dash instead. The data has been synced and stored properly, but I didn't have this problem since I started using the Ionic.

Screenshot_20171004-220604.png

Screenshot_20171004-221052.png

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity 

Best Answer
166 REPLIES 166

@skratchgonzoI get the same thing and when I edit the Workout name in the PC I get kmph showing as per image and the PC N/A for distance has KM showing if not edited....... 

All the calories show on the PC.

Workout error 2.jpgworkout error 3.jpg

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi all, 

I recently switched for a surge to an ionic. With the surge , after a finished my work out and reviewed the work out stats, I could see my calorie count right next to the little fire icon :fire:450, something like that. With the Ionic , the calorie count is no longer displaying :fire:-- looks something like that. If I go into the work out detail I can see the calorie count but it use to just display with out me having to go into the breakdown. I can't figure out how to set it back to how it was . Can anyone help?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @Riosta305! Hmmm... this is very strange my friend. Are you tracking the same workouts you used to track with your Surge?

I'd recommend shutdowning the Ionic: On Ionic, open Settings  > About > Shutdown > confirm the shutdown.

If it still doesn't work, please restart your ionic.  

1. Press and hold the back (left) and bottom buttons until you see the Fitbit logo on the screen. This should take less than 10 seconds.
  2. Let go of the buttons.

Give this a go and let me know how it goes! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Why do ALL the moderators on here always say a problem is very strange.  They say this to almost every problem and than say factory reset.. It's comical to look at their response 

Best Answer

Lol , yeah the solution provided did not work. They also t's me the new update would fix it, it didn't. It is comical .

Best Answer

There are a ton of posts about this problem. No one has presented a solution yet that i can find. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey everyone! Can you please share with me screenshots of what you're seeing? If you're not getting calories during your workout, when finishing your workout, or even after syncing (on the activity history), share with me that info. Also, let me know which activity/activities you're tracking so I can gather more details to sort this out.

Thanks @Andagrkel @Riosta305 @indianwin2001

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

I've tried workout and weights. Neither will list calories. Screenshot_20180214-172306.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

Screenshot_20180215-120652.png

This is after the recent update.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is the same, any news on a fix? So frustrating with my surge I had no issue tempted to return this

@Riosta305wrote:

Screenshot_20180215-120652.png

This is after the recent update.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Edit the Workout description and this is what you finish up with.. More importantly the calories expended are always in PC activity log.  And, if you tap the Workout in your phone and then Calories they have always been there.  So what should the -- be , my Walking has Pace, others here have Calories.... !!!!

Shopping 17feb18.jpg

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer

No you won't, this issue should have been fixed long ago. It's been brought up time and time again  Fitbit support is non existent  🐶 💩 

Best Answer

We just had another update, problem is still the same.

Best Answer
Has anyone contacted Fitbit again?
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Kickboxer2wrote:
Has anyone contacted Fitbit again?

Yes me! They sent me this email: 

We deeply appreciate your concern in regards to the calories not appearing listed within the general view of your Exercise Log within the Fit bit app for your mobile device. We wish to thank you as well, for providing us with a new screenshot that better displays the issue at hand. 

As of this moment, our engineering team is currently hard at work while researching for a resolution to this issue and we are certain that the screenshot you have provided will be much help as a base for this same purpose. For the time being though, we would like to apologise for the inconveniences this has brought upon you and kindly ask you to grant us with some more of your patience and time as the resolution is met. 

In the time being, we would like to let you know that our engineering team has relaid to us that you may still review the number of calories burnt during a specific activity, by simply tapping on it and accessing its detailed view. 

Do allow us to apologize once more for the inconvenience. It is our hope that this particular mishap does not refrain you from enjoying all of the other features your Fitbit Ionic has to offer. 

Should you have any other questions or inquiries in need of clarifying for the time being, please be sure to voice them to us. We’ll be more than happy and ready to help as best and much as we can.

Sincerely

Best Answer
0 Votes

They just rolled out a whole new os and didn't bother to fix this..fitbit. 

Moderator edit: word choice

Best Answer

Just got the Fitbit IONIC and also having this issue. commenting so i can follow any replies or fixes. hopefully we get one soon!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm not sure why this thread is in the Ionic forum, when it appears to be an Android app issue?

Anyway, it can be annoying not seeing those stats at a glance. But as already mentioned, you can click through for the stats, and they are being correctly applied to the daily totals.

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer
0 Votes

Because it only happens with ionic watches 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@skratchgonzowrote:

Because it only happens with ionic watches 

Only Ionic watches and the Android app, right?

On the web app, my display always looks fine with the Ionic.

screenshot.81.jpg

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer
0 Votes