Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calories displayed as "- -" for exercises in Android app

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Workout exercise mode is not displaying the calories burned in the exercise summary view. It's displaying a dash instead. The data has been synced and stored properly, but I didn't have this problem since I started using the Ionic.

Screenshot_20171004-220604.png

Screenshot_20171004-221052.png

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity 

Best Answer
166 REPLIES 166

If you're not having th issue nice one, but the rest of us payed 300 quid for a flagship watch that they are not maintaining. It's shocking, 7 years llater and the UK still doesn't have barcode scanning, fitbit don't care. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm experiencing this issues also. 

Using Android and Ionic with the latest OS. 

I have tried logging out, clearing the cache and restarting my phone numerous times but it is not showing the calories burned on the main exercise tab.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I got my Ionic in January and it started doing it for me too. Doesn't do it with my mother or friend who have the Blaze or with my Charge 2 when I had it and with it's new owner. I contacted fitbit a month ago and they told me to reset my app and tracker... it still didn't fix the problem. I don't know how I've had so many app and os updates since then and they still haven't fixed the problem

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried ALL these options. It tracks my yoga fine, but anything labeled workout and weights still has the issue. I only use the same exercises and have since I got the Ionic to replace my Charge 2... it's so frustrating to pay $300 for some thing that doesn't sync the way my tracker that coat half that did and after MONTHS none of the fitbit team can figure it out.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Today is the 11th day of April - about 6 months from my original post.

Nothing has changed.

Workouts still do not display calories burned. Other exercises do.

Screenshot_20180411-122916.pngScreenshot_20180411-122924.png

Best Answer

This is an incorrect statement, I own a Charge and Charge2. The Charge2 works perfectly.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@xTommyG I use the Workout for many activities that aren't listed. I have these setup in my Activity Custom Activities. When I edit the name Workout I get interesting results. Sometimes speed shows up where the "--" is displayed on the phone.  But, I find it replaces N/A with the distance in the PC Activity Log. It seems to correct these issues but another unnecessary step.

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer

It's happening on my Versa 😠😣

Best Answer

I have just completed another test... When I change the Workout name.. Speed shows in the Android phone instead of the "--" and distance replaced N/A in the PC Activity log..

Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same problem on Versa. -- for calories burnt for workout.

Was showing up fine on charge 2.

Best Answer

I can't believe Fitbit hasn't fixed this BIG issue.  It's like an afternoon project for a software developer!  What is going on with their engineering team?

Best Answer

They don't care 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Having this same issue on my Versa, where I was just days ago having no issues with my Charge 2. Customer support was no help. Continued to blame me for the issue and used the basic close the app and restart your phone non-solution .

Best Answer
0 Votes
I would be curious if anybody is having the same issue (calories not
showing up) with the new Fitbit. I have the Ionic and they don't show up.
Best Answer

I just came here looking for a way to fix it. lol

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have posted earlier but a slightly new twist.. I use Workout for a variety of activities.. and to test this Group I have renamed the Activities. In most cases on the phone when that happens the calories are replaced by the Speed.. But in the Dentist chair the calories showed immediately without any editing.. Why... It only recorded 2 steps.  So I will do some more "no activity" tests.

The PC always has the calories, even prior to editing the name...

Why the Dentist.?... He has been following my wrist type Fitbits and is interested in my HR while he is working on me.. It averaged 62bpm through the typical procedure of plaque removal and cleaning and hit a couple of testy points...

The Ionic HR is my sleeping HR.

workout rename dentist.jpgDentist activity.jpg

Best Answer

I have just done some more tests and simply reading the newspaper while sitting down, recorded 2 steps but the Calories showed immediately in the Phone Exercise tile..

There is obviously some dumb logic there if you don't move it's calories, if you move, no calories, but after you edit the Workout name and I get speed..

Edited. Just did a Workout for Barber, same result, 1 step and calories show.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just got a versa and it does same to me too.used charge 2 before and it never happened. I can only see calories when info to summary of my exercise.it doesn't do it on all exercise.

Best Answer

I also went from a charge 2 to a versa and now have this problem of it not displaying my calories burned anymore. The app also kicks me out when I want to edit the workout name 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My ionic is also kicking me out immediately when I attempt to change the workout name!! How frustrating.

My other problem is the app can't find my ionic signal (I call bs on this) so I haven't been able to update my app since weds! Are you having this issue? If so, how did you fix it? I have restarted my ionic several times already and even the app (by logging out). Nothing works. 

Best Answer
0 Votes