Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calories displayed as "- -" for exercises in Android app

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Workout exercise mode is not displaying the calories burned in the exercise summary view. It's displaying a dash instead. The data has been synced and stored properly, but I didn't have this problem since I started using the Ionic.

Screenshot_20171004-220604.png

Screenshot_20171004-221052.png

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity 

Best Answer
166 REPLIES 166
I had restart my Bluetooth and phone itself and also make sure it wasn't trying to connect to a different device as I have it synced to my tablet as well.

Sent from my Galaxy Tab A
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks! I just restarted my phone, then watch, and then Bluetooth. Opened the app and everything updated.

I guess when all else fails... Restart everything! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Glad it helped! Unfortunately, that has been my experience. When in doubt restart it ALL.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The only way to fix it is to have your phone with you, Bluetooth and location on connected to your phone and then it will show the calories. If your phone isn't connected it will display "" 

Best Answer

I know. I have used it before and it worked. I had my phone with me and it
was connected. I can see the stats on my dashboard and not on the app

Kind Regards,

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes
I wondered why some days my yoga and weights would show up and some days they wouldn't. That is interesting. I also noticed a difference in the way it displays the information when it's connected and when it isn't. When it isn't connected, underneath the activity name and time of day, it tries to show distance and then average heart rate. When it is connected, it shows duration instead of distance, which makes more sense for these types of exercises since you typically don't travel more than a few steps around the room.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It makes little sense tha to can figure this out and fitbit can't seem to... They could put out a message telling people to have their phone connected. Its still only a workaround the  the watch had its own WiFi and GPS there should be no need for a phone for it to be used correctly. When I exercise I have nothing on me

Best Answer
0 Votes
I agree. I really dont think they are trying to come up with a solution, especially since I see users complaining that the versa is doing the same thing. I almost never have my phone on me with working out either. That's one of the reasons I bought the Ionic in the first place.

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer

Have they fixed this for you yet as I am having the same problem on my fitbit versa? It wasn't a problem on my charge 2 (I haven't changed phones so it was still the same android app that worked for my charge 2 but as soon as I loaded the versa it stopped working) and it is really annoying.

Best Answer
0 Votes

IIt hasbt been fixed.mines still the same.i dont think Fitbit is bothered tbh.Tuesday doesn't showTuesday doesn't show

Thursday doesn't show.Thursday doesn't show.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes mine is the same way.  On the phone click on the workout heart rate shows at the top click calories and it will show your calories burned.  Impact is also at the top.  Until they get it fixed you can always look there.

Best Answer

Does anyone know if this stops it syncing with my fitness pal - because It records all my walking but I have to manually input my workouts into my calories because its not bringing it over. So i dont know if im eating less or more than I need to calories wise etc etc. 

My bf has the versa too and an android phone and has no issues at all. Its frustrating - because its clearly been an issue thats been on going for a good 18 months or so.

Note : I have restarted/revoked etc etc etc 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Does Fitbit even care about this? Truly, as the previous poster mentions, this has been an issue for almost 2 years. I just got a Versa after having a Charge and then a Charge 2 for years, and it's the first time this happens. And it keeps happening. No matter how many times I log out of the app and re login, uninstall the app, restart the phone, reinstall the app, clear the cache, etc..

Fitbit, can you please address this issue? Not only my calories are not displaying, but I can't change the Workout type, and the app crashes when I try to do so.

Best Answer

I feel your frustration!!  I'm okay if the calories dont display simply because I've learned to deal with it ( grr). But it definitely annoys me when the app crashes when you attempt to change the workout name.  I dont think Fitbit cares at all. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Agreed.

Honestly, as silly as it sounds, I like seeing my calories burned in a list, it gives me an idea of what I've been up to. And now I can't even use the Workout mode of I'm not gonna be able to change it. In my cases this happened 2 days ago whennI switched from Charge 2 to Versa. Not happy.

Best Answer

So I started a "Feature Suggestion" to fix this. If you want to make it more visible, please vote for it:

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Fix-bug-where-calories-in-the-Exercise-summary-a...

Best Answer

This issue becomes bizarre.  I just updated my Ionic to OS 2.11 and Ionic firmware 27.32.10.20.

My first test was the Workout and I was able to edit that on the Android phone App and it came back with calories.  But, that didn't last long..

My second test and subsequent tests went through the old issues, crashing the App so I edited on the Phones browser, synced and the result came back as kph instead of Calories.... So nothing has changed.

I use the method @MellyM100 uses and change the Workout name later... Calories etc are always correct on the PC Dashboard.

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
0 Votes

yes, i am using this for the first time and im experiencing the exact same thing

Best Answer
0 Votes

Come on Fitbit..this has been a known issue with the Ionic and Versa since October of 2017... Why is this not fixed yet??? Other trackers with the same app work fine, so obviously, it's a Versa/Iconic only issue... The first post was in October for Ionic...and then after Versa was released,,,using the same operating software..it to shows the same error. Multiple documented posts with pictures of the error on the screen were posted... a reply from your customer support in April said it was a known issue wand was being addressed....

I am not buying another Versa until this and your connectivity/syncing issue is fixed..

Samsung Galaxy S8, Sense
Best Answer

Ok so this has been an issue since 2017???? Im on the phone with then right and they're saying they never heard of it!!!! Just switched from a surge  to ionic! Returning and going to apple

Best Answer