Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calories displayed as "- -" for exercises in Android app

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Workout exercise mode is not displaying the calories burned in the exercise summary view. It's displaying a dash instead. The data has been synced and stored properly, but I didn't have this problem since I started using the Ionic.

Screenshot_20171004-220604.png

Screenshot_20171004-221052.png

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity 

Best Answer
166 REPLIES 166

This is ridiculous. This should be an easy fix. 

Best Answer

I did online chat with Fitbit last night about this same issue and no resolution although they had me shut down and restart my Fitbit along with cycling off/on exercise auto recognition.  My Ionic replaced a Surge and it was not an issue with that device

Best Answer
0 Votes
Maybe we should all request replacements until they sort it out? After all
we paid for something that should be fully functional and it clearly isn't!
Best Answer

I'm still having this issue with my Ionic and FitBit android app. Have the latest firmware so not that, clearly bug not resolved. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am also having the same issue on the versa and have reported it, but nothing seems to be happening.  Come on Fitbit this should be easy to resolve. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Screenshot_20180814-075425_Fitbit.jpg

Keep asking for help on this and I see others mention it and yet CS acts like they've never heard about it... tired.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Are you referring to the "--" in place of the calories?

This problem in known by fitbit and was first reported back in October last year. The main thread on the problem has some posts from fitbit and it might be worth posting in there:

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Ionic/Calories-displayed-as-quot-quot-for-exercises-in-Android-app/t...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Has this issue been fixed yet? My friend and I are facing the exact same thing with our new Charge 3!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Issue has not been fixed. Not sure why they can't figure it out.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

I upgraded from a surge to a versa. Thinking of returning the versa and going back to the surge until it craps out on me. Not having all the info sync properly is lame.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Upgraded to Charge 3 and have the same issue. My Charge 2 did not have this problem. The website dashboard shows the workout duration time and calories correctly.

Fitbit Android app is up to date.

Best Answer

An interesting twist on this issue...Smiley Happy  I had a gout flareup and I decided to monitor my sleep using workout which gives me the 25 pulse point/minute to check my HR.. It was broken sleep.  More importantly it showed my HR dropping, which when asleep, is around 56 average for the year.

When I edited the Workout name, the middle one only had  4 steps and the logic seemed to be correct.  The first one had a bathroom break and the logic became speed, as did the last item.

Sleep screenshot 12dec18.pngsleep workout 12dec18.jpg

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer

Just posted a report of this problem in this thread (from april 2018) ( https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Android-App/Amount-of-burnt-calories-does-not-show-in-exercise-overv... ) only to realize this has been a problem since April 2017... Jeez...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Appreciate all the testing you have done Colin.  You have been quite busy.  As well I have been checking up on this and other complaints.  While some post on here saying this is a problem only with Android -> my Apple device shows “pace on the summary page”.  For Weights!  Haha.  Both Android and Apple pics are confirmed below.  What a joke.

There has been no fix from .19 to .30 -> and based on the past month of ownership reading up on threads - do not expect any.  Some on here have been very helpful but others not so much.  The same old line of “we are working on this and will let you know soon” -> is maybe pleasant but very unproductive.  Us Fitbit users want fixes to “known issues” -> not false promises.  As well not posts taken down without any valid reason.  The management at Fitbit do need to actually step in to control certain Moderators and actually resolve matters for users -> instead of just talking about doing something.  Update after update nothing happens.  False promise after false promise.  That is the reality unfortunately.  The canned replies are actually amusing to see now.  Cut and paste info.  Without any actual user testing.  Often simple guesses.

Fortunately my Ionic replacement has played nice.  But the number of issues posted on here is quite astounding for such a simple device.  Updates to Android and Apple devices go much smoother than this device.  It is what it is however.  Fitbit is well aware of my concerns

2B0845C4-FC8C-432D-88DC-5A45B00A83A8.pngDC825BD1-7D16-41EE-B1E9-2FC67C8DFE9B.png

Vote if this helps you at all and Vote if this is a solution to your issue [Current Leader in Ionic Forum with 15 Solutions + Thumbs Up 92]
Really there is no need to suffer in Frustration - simply call Tech Support at 877-623-4997 and get your Ionic replaced right now while you can
Many have followed this straightforward advice and now have a replacement Ionic - we all should have “zero tolerance” for any defective Ionic

Best Answer

I do believe it's an app coding issue. I just got the Fitbit Versa for Christmas and have the same problem. Go to the individual exercise log and it shows correctly. However, it still will not show calories burned in the weekly summary screen.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes

This issue is still occurring as of 01/07/19. Please fix it Fitbit!!!!

Best Answer

They dont care. 

Best Answer
They don't care is right. But what can we do about it.
Best Answer

My next purchase and all going forward will be Apple or anything other than Fitbit. Money or in this case loss of money talks.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Agree. I had wanted a Fitbit so much, and couldn't be more DISAPPOINTED
with the Ionic. Terrible sync/communication problems, not just the
interface complaints.
Best Answer