Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Ionic show stats like blood pressure?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

There is close to ZERO apps on the iOS app store that aggregate all the important data from the main repositories such as Apple Health etc, Nokia etc.. (they seemed to be more focused on their own products that don't provide comprehensive data collection). The FitBit app is lacking vital information such as Blood Pressure, Body temperature, blood chemistry, cholesterol etc.. Data that is sitting around on the internet being logged by people that FitBit is seemingly ignoring. This is opening up competition for FitBit making users want to use other apps to aggregate their data - and potentially other hardware.

FitBit already allow the liking of some major players such as Nokia/Withings but not entirely.. only certain data is pulled from these databases e.g I store blood pressure in my Nokia/Withings account and body weight.. but only the weight/B.fat is imported into the FitBit app ignoring the all-important Blood Pressure!

Though the IONIC has a seemingly good HR sensor it's wasted slightly because HR and blood pressure go hand-in-hand in health tracking. The app makes no attempt to pull data from the 'already linked' Nokia servers?!!!! WHY WHY WHY?!! This is ILLOGICAL CAPTAIN !

The reason I moved to FitBit was because of the available stats and focus on health - however if FitBit cannot see the obvious in aggregating the relevant data from other services, I for one may just jump ship!

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Enderman
Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

I disagree, @RealSting, I did not need to read that. I didn't learn anything new there, and I don't need the "all important blood pressure" to be on my smartwatch - I check and record my blood pressure once daily, at random times, as my doctor prefers, and I don't need to be concerned with it any other times.  The decision to "jump ship" is yours to make, but I love the Ionic as it is and will stick with.

Best Answer

@USAF-Larry wrote:

I disagree, @RealSting, I did not need to read that. I didn't learn anything new there, and I don't need the "all important blood pressure" to be on my smartwatch - I check and record my blood pressure once daily, at random times, as my doctor prefers, and I don't need to be concerned with it any other times.  The decision to "jump ship" is yours to make, but I love the Ionic as it is and will stick with.

@USAF-Larry - Please read my OP more carefully! Who's talking about reading Blood Pressure on a smart watch?! Centralising health data is exactly what Apple have set out to do with Apple Health - the benefits are obvious. Whether (you personally) need to see this data or not is irrelevant.. simply choose not to display it!! The point being that there is important health metrics sitting on other servers that would be better served consolidated into a single app. This not only makes finding data easier but helps build a better picture of ones state of health not to mention the technical benefits of not having a ton of health apps cluttering up your phone etc. - remember, we are talking about a Health App here. Tacio were/are another developer that have gone someways towards this, but their's is not as comprehensive as the FitBit one.

Enderman
Best Answer

Just got my Fitbit Ionic and I must say it's impressive, but I have to agree that Blood pressure / Heart monitoring warnings over a certain point would be much needed and it wouldn't take FitBit long to put those features in, The FitBit is an excellent way to stay fit, but at the same time measuring important stats which I brought it for in the first place, or my Wife did really 😕

My wife brought a £25 stats watch and the only thing that was missing was Fitbit's logo wasn't on it and it measures your heart rate and real time sats (O2 levels ) & the all important live blood pressure stats, yet mine doesn't have that and I paid £250 for mine on special offer, normally £299.99. around $275 USD, I'm British so it's pounds for me.

I think if FitBit aren't careful they will lose a lot of customers and visitors looking at the FitBit products and services, like I said I have mine because I have some serous health issues that have lowered my life span.

So what are the words of the day or month?  FitBit get your arse moving and get these updates out there if not for sales and money but for people like me that should have those important stats to hand..

Mark

HostLab.pro  

Best Answer

I keep all that kind of data in a spreadsheet. It takes about 10 minutes a month to update, and I don't have any worries what Apple or an employer or the government is going to do with my health data .

Sure, it would be cool and pretty to see it all in one app, but strictly for health monitoring, the spreadsheet works fine.

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer