Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't adjust Ionic music volume whilst in run mode

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've had a few Fitbit trackers/watches in the past and recently got an Ionic. I'm a fan. I set it all up and went the distance to transfer music, I hooked it up to my Sol Republic Amps Air earbuds. All great and worked fine. I found the volume control on the watch and set it to a mid volume. Then went for a run, outdoors.  

All worked well until I wanted to turn the volume up mid-run via the watch (my Amps Air volume is device controlled). I'd left my phone behind. I found that there isn't a way to do this whilst in run mode. I couldn't get out of the run screen without cancelling the run.

Did I miss something?

If that is the case can Fitbit create a new feature to allow music volume control whilst in exercise mode. Maybe a swipe up, or a swipe to the left, as you can do when not in run mode? Unless you can and I didn't find it. If so can someone let me know? 

Also, another feature that would be great is adding voice cues every kilometre, mile with distance, time, speed as per the phone app. 

Thanks 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Try holding pressing and HOLDing upper right. 

Ionic (27.31.1.16), Pixel (Android 8.1.0)

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

You should be able to access music control by pressing and holding the upper right button on any screen. 

Hope this helps. 

Best Answer

During an exercise mode, the buttons on the Ionic do the following:

Left: cycle through stats

Upper R: does nothing

Lower R: pause

@jonnyliquid, sorry I don't know of a way to get to the music control screen once the exercise is started. You'd need to set the volume on the Ionic before starting the exercise.

If you were relying on the Smart Track auto-recognition for a walk or run, you'd have access to that and other watch functions. But that's a different kind of tracking.

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer
0 Votes

Best Answer

@Danymite wrote:

Radical! Thanks!!

@jonnyliquid, after holding the upper right button as @Danymite said, use the 3 dots in the upper corner to get to music control.

Edit: Works with pandora also. 🙂

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer
0 Votes

@WavyDavey wrote:

@Danymite wrote:

Radical! Thanks!!

@jonnyliquid, after holding the upper right button as @Danymite said, use the 3 dots in the upper corner to get to music control.

Edit: Works with pandora also. 🙂

You're welcome!

And in case your curiosity hasn't propelled you to try holding the other two buttons...
From (just about?) any screen, holding the left button takes you to fitbit pay (you can pause an exercise session and pay for a drink, woohoo!); holding the lower right one brings up notifications from your phone. 

Best Answer
0 Votes