Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t control Spotify music from Ionic

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I got this to work and then it stopped working again. Had Bluetooth classic in pair and on mode and it still won’t control the Spotify tracks from my phone . My blaze worked so seamlessly and I’m really debating returning this thing. Any thoughts on how I can make this function regularly? 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I think it's just a bit buggy at the moment.

I go to the music screen, then click the cog, then devices, and change it from phone to watch, then back to phone. That forces the Ionic (Classic) to pair again.

Not ideal but works every time for me.

Do you get the artist/song info showing on the watch? Mine just always says "artist info not available"

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
14 REPLIES 14

I think it's just a bit buggy at the moment.

I go to the music screen, then click the cog, then devices, and change it from phone to watch, then back to phone. That forces the Ionic (Classic) to pair again.

Not ideal but works every time for me.

Do you get the artist/song info showing on the watch? Mine just always says "artist info not available"

Best Answer

Hey team,

im having some irritating issues with the Bluetooth connectivity of the Ionic. I set the Bluetooth classic to ON so I can control the music on my phone. Sometimes it works, sometimes it says “music unselected.” I make sure the device is set to “phone” and not “watch.” Sometimes it works if I forget the device and repair it but that’s incredibly annoying and I shouldn’t have to do that. Has anyone experienced similar issues? Any fixes?

thanks

Best Answer

When it works I get the artist and song info but it rarely works. I’ll keep trying your method. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

None of that works for me.

Love my iconic but there is so much stuff that just doesn't work. Not ready for prime time.

I see that doesn't stop there social media team pushing it super hard. 

I have:Ionic. Google Pixel 2 XL. Latest Android 9DP1 OS.
Best Answer

It's an issue with iOS 11. The music control doesn't show up in the control panel on the lock screen, so when that happens it can't be controlled. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't get a cog anywhere.  The only thing I see is when I swipe down from the top to get to the music control's there are the 3 dots in the upper left but those don't do anything.  If I open the music app it only has the option to transfer music.

Best Answer

Thumper- I am having the same issue. Did you ever get this resolved?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Nope, not even after the last firmware update.

Get Outlook

-----------------------------------------
Key Technology, Inc. Disclaimer Notice - The information and attachment(s) contained in this communication are intended for the addressee only, and may be confidential and/or legally privileged. If you have received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately, and delete this communication from any computer or network system. Any interception, review, printing, copying, re-transmission, dissemination, or other use of, or taking of any action upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited by law and may subject them to criminal or civil liability. Key Technology, Inc. is not liable for the improper and/or incomplete transmission of the information contained in this communication or for any delay in its receipt.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the cog but then same as you, I cannot get the music controls to work.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Having same issue. Seems just a bit buggy. First time connecting BT Bose headphones worked seamlessly (was actually surprised as I didn’t expect watch to pick up Spotify stream)

Next day, no dice. No music info on watch and headphones kept saying it was disconnecting from watch every time I swiped to open the settings. 

Left it alone for about 15min while I searched for help. Checked back on watch and voila! Wats was displaying Spotify music deets without me doing something (unless I just willed it to work)

In short...no idea how it’s working now. Next up...figuring out how to control music while in Exercise mode....

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had this working as well, one time.

It is paired to Ionic (Classic) and I can actually control the volume by pressing the buttons on the right side. But the watch still tells me to "start playing music on your phone"... Kind of annoying! 

As a comparison my Garmin Vivoactive 3 handled this without any issues every time.

The one or two times I did have it working the next/previous buttons seemed to change the volume with previous controlling volume up and next controlling volume down... but less than the volume buttons do. Double tapping the play button skipped to the next track. 

How hard can it be to fix this? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

OMFG!!! It worked!!!  I still have to take my phone with me, but I can pause/skip and adjust the volume control without taking it out of my flipbelt when I run.  I honestly thought the music feature on the Ionic was the biggest dud...

Best Answer

Hi @TammyHonour, thanks for participating in the Fitbit Community and for trying the steps recommended.

It's great to learn that it worked. Cat Happy

If anyone else still having issues I would recommend to try these troubleshooting tips:

1. If you see "Music unselected" or "No music" on your Fitbit device's screen, make sure that music is playing on your nearby phone.
  2. If your Fitbit device is paired to an Android or Windows 10 phone, make sure Bluetooth Classic is enabled. 

You can also check this article Why can't I control music with my Fitbit device? you have more details. 

Let me know if you have further questions or comments. Cat Very Happy

GraceG | French and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

On ne voit bien qu’avec le cœur. L’essentiel est invisible pour les yeux. ♥

Best Answer

Why is it that almost á year into the life of this watch that you haven't solved this.  This should be pairing and go.  It works sometimes other times it doesnt work and sometimes you can get it working by unconnecting all the stuff forget fitbit on your phone and then it sometimes connects again. This is just terrible service from fitbit and sadly it looks like it wont get fixed anytime soon . 

Best Answer
0 Votes