Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't download music on Ionic

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've followed all the steps, and once I've even got one song on there just when I thought ill give it a go, then managed to delete it too.

BUT now that I've made a play list I actually want on there, it wont let me select it, its just teasing, and sometimes it lets me select another list, but error shows up when there is less then a minute left on the transfer,

Any help?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

Hey there @Ionic110, it's great to have you around the forums! First make sure that your Wi-Fi network is working correctly and that your network type is compatible with your watch. After you verify the network is compatible, plug your watch into the charger and make sure it’s in range of your Wi-Fi network. For a stronger Wi-Fi connection, move your watch closer to your router.

To download personal music and podcasts, your watch and computer must be connected to the same Wi-Fi network: 

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon > your watch tile.
  2. Tap or click Wi-Fi Settings.
  3. Make sure your watch and computer are connected to the same network. To see which network your computer is on, click the Wi-Fi symbol on your screen. 
  4. If your watch and computer are connected to different networks, manually connect your watch to the same network as your computer. Return to the Wi-Fi settings screen in the Fitbit app, tap the network name, and tap Connect.
  5. Open the Music app on your watch and then tap Transfer Music to try again. Note that it may take up to a minute for your playlists to appear on your computer's screen. 

If you still have trouble downloading your playlists, complete the steps below:

1. Turn off Bluetooth on your phone; wait 10 seconds, and then turn it back on.
  2. Sync your Fitbit watch with your dashboard:
    1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon > your device image.
    2. Tap or click Sync Now and wait a few moments for your watch to sync.
  3. Restart your watch by holding the back (left) and bottom buttons until you see the Fitbit logo.
  4. Open the Music app on your watch and then tap Transfer Music

Note that your watch only stays in transfer mode for a few minutes. If you took a few extra minutes to choose your playlists, restart the download if you don’t see “Ready to Transfer” on your watch's screen. To do so, tap Transfer Music on your watch again and wait a few moments for the download to start. For best results, plug your watch into the charger before downloading music.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

well that did not work -what else?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've noticed the same thing happening when I try to synch. After looking a little closer And drilling down in my playlists, it shows a little exclamation next to all my custom playlist songs that says file not found. For some reason, I can download 'playlists' of an artist or album, but not my own custom list because it can't find the file. Has anyone overcome this issue?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've tried everything you've suggested, but the app still closes before I have the chance to select a playlist.

I've also uninstalled and reinstalled the app several times, and rebooted the router/modem. The Ionic keeps trying to pair with the Bluetooth, but I cancel that and connect to the Wi-Fi as instructed. I haven't found a definitive solution that works for everyone, so what now?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Due to fitbit phasing out surge I had to get a new ionic because I liked the surge so much. It costs more. It looks nice but doesn't compare to surge. Looks like I wasted my money. At least from Surge I could control my iphone music. Now your stupid transfer doesn't work. Worthless. I don't pay over 300 dollars to troubleshoot. I would rather pay more for an apple watch to get the simplicity. Your watch is worthless. Go back to the drawing board. If I can't download music what the hell is the point? Your more dumbed versions cost less. I have a few more days but if this crap continues, failure to download music to your worthless wrist band, I will return. Fitbit will lose a customer. Applewatch will gain a customer. WORTHLESS fitbit. Go buy a cheaper version. 

Best Answer

I am right behind you! For years i stood behind Fitbit but this trying to get music on ionic is ridiculous......tossing it and crying because i wasted 300 dollars!

Best Answer
0 Votes

**Pandora Music Transfer to IONIC from Android Solved**

Alright guys, this took me about 2 hrs to solve on my own, because there were not any really informative things out there. But after doing a few different things, and trying different combinations of things, this is what worked. Keep in mind this is for sync FROM ANDROID devices only:

1. Reboot the **ahem** watch. Hold the far left button and bottom right button until screen goes black.

2. Ionic Logo will appear, give it a minute, and then the watch will come back on.

3. Once the watch reboots, go into your "WIFI Settings, and make SURE that it's ACTUALLY connected to a WIFI network. NOT from your phone, but from your **HOME** network. IONIC will "NOT" transfer music using only your phones network. So keep this in mind. When you click "Wifi settings" on you ionic, if you dont see the name of a network, and the word "CONNECTED", you do not have WIFI on the IONIC which is what it needs to be connected to. Make sure that is setup and connected then move to the next step.

3. Go into your PHONE settings and do the following.

a. go into Settings / Apps / Ionic

b. Click the ionic app, and ENABLE ALL PERSMISSIONS - EVERYTHING, yes it's invasive, but if you want it to work, this is how you do it. You have to allow, camera, text, notifications, location, the whole shebang.

4. Go into your PHONE and turn off bluetooth, wait 30 seconds, and turn it back on. When Bluetooth does come back on, check to make sure IONIC pops back up.

5. On your IONIC - go to your Sync option and click it, and make sure it says "last sync time - and it shows "syncing now" or todays date.

6. Click Media

7. Click Pandora ** YOU HAVE TO HAVE THE PREMIUM VERSION OF PANDORA for this to work (I think). I tried the regular subscription, but it didnt work.

8. Click Transfer music.

9. It is going to give you a warning about eating power, and to plug in your phone/Ionic. You WILL want to plug in both your phone.

10. CLick the 3 little dots on the top right, and click "force sync now".

11. It should say something like "PREPARING MUSIC FOR DOWNLOAD"

12. Once it says that, you are GOLDEN!

13. It will start downloading, and you will see a blue stripe below the word Pandora that says, "Downloading music to watch......(16%) or whatever it is.

14. GOOD LUCK EVERYONE and let me know if you need clarification on this!

Best Answer

You are a genius. I just got it to work. I'm going to do more experimenting to see what the exact method is. But thank you so much ArmyGangsta.

Best Answer
0 Votes