Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't sync Ionic to Macbook

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I'm trying to download some music playlists to my new Ionic but my Macbook Pro can't find the Ionic.  I have downloaded the fitbit app to my Macbook.  They are sitting right next to each other on my desk but I just keep getting the "searching for fitbit tracker" message.  I have turned off the bluetooth connection on my phone and when I look at the avialable devices in the bluetooth for the Macbook I do not see the Ionic. Is there another way to download music files to the Ionic?  Maybe from my Ipad or Iphone?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Paymaster_62   You don't need to sync your Ionic with your MacBook in order to transfer music.  But you do need the Fitbit Connect to transfer music.  When you open Fitbit Connect, ignore the Sync Now and tap on Manage My Music.  That will take you to the screen where you choose the playlists you want to transfer from Music.

I have Fitbit Connect on my Mac.  Just completely ignore any message about not being able to find a sync dongle.  When you transfer music, make sure your Ionic is in its charger.  It takes a while and battery to transfer music. 

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

@Paymaster_62 Welcome to the Community. Sorry for the delayed reply. 

Thanks for sharing what you're experiencing with your Ionic while transferring music. I appreciate the troubleshooting tried prior to posting. 

Currently there's no other option to transfer music to your watch. Since you mentioned that your Ionic isn't syncing to your Macbook, I would like you to try this syncing troubleshooting before transferring music. 

Once your Ionic syncs to your account, you can follow this procedure to transfer music

Let me know the outcome. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello Silviafitbit,

Thank you for your help.  I am still unable to sync my Ionic so I am ordering the wireless dongle to try that.  I will let you know what happens after I receive the device.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello Silviafitbit,

I still can't sync my fitbit to my Macbook even though I'm using the official FItbit dongle.  When I try to set up the Ionic I'm not seeing it on the "which fitbit tracker are you setting up" screen.  Any further advice you can give me would be greatly appreciated?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Paymaster_62   You don't need to sync your Ionic with your MacBook in order to transfer music.  But you do need the Fitbit Connect to transfer music.  When you open Fitbit Connect, ignore the Sync Now and tap on Manage My Music.  That will take you to the screen where you choose the playlists you want to transfer from Music.

I have Fitbit Connect on my Mac.  Just completely ignore any message about not being able to find a sync dongle.  When you transfer music, make sure your Ionic is in its charger.  It takes a while and battery to transfer music. 

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Thank you, that worked. 

Best Answer
0 Votes