Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t sync to Strava

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, I cannot sync any activities to strava. All the activities appear in the Fitbit app. And I see older strava activities on my watch. I have authorized both strava and Fitbit for each other with success but the Fitbit app isn’t able to push activities to strava. I have tried with both android and iPhone with same results. I have read all treads on forums etc... does it not work?????

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Same thing here.

I need my runs updated in a timely manner to Strava to sync with a training plan I am on.  

It is too bad because all in all the design and usability has been a positive thing for me and I like the device over-all.  

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
15 REPLIES 15

Suddenly after 24hrs the run appears on strava wtf? 24hrs delay? Or some bugs with the Fitbit servers?

Best Answer

Having the same issue. My Strava app says to it is connect to my Fitibt but my morning run has not shown up although it is on my Fitbit. I also lost runs from last weekend that were on their before. Not sure what is going on.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same thing here.

I need my runs updated in a timely manner to Strava to sync with a training plan I am on.  

It is too bad because all in all the design and usability has been a positive thing for me and I like the device over-all.  

Best Answer

this may be a temporary glitch, like the sleep one experienced a few days ago, in the interim you can save your walks / runs from fitbit and manually add them to strava

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did a treadmill run earlier tonight, it shows in fitbit but not in Strava.  I verified the app it authorized.  Very frustrating. I have seem people complaining this hasn't worked since the firmware update but I have only had my device since the weekend.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

I returned it back to the shop, and bought a Garmin Fenix 5. No trouble there!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

After having initial problems, and re-authorising Strava just before Christmas mine had been working quite happily.

However, I haven't sync'ed since the 30th of January now.

Last night I re-authorised the app and even after my run at lunchtime today I note that it is still not working 😞

As of last night I am running the latest firmware (v27.31.1.29) and as well as the slightly updated Windows App (v2.29.1444).

So hacked off with none of the smart features I want to use working (Strava, Weather, Nest, Leaderboard).

captain_caveman2k | UK
Ionic (Retired: Charge HR, Returned: Microsoft Band II)
Alienware 15 R2 (Windows 10), Lumia 950 (Windows 10 Mobile), Xbox One S
Best Answer
0 Votes

How did you fix it?

lsjohnson
Best Answer
0 Votes

@JHogI would love to go back to Garmin if they would maintain the Windows app to even allow syncing.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, 

Solution:

I returned the Ionic watch to the store I bought it. And bought a Garmin Fenix 5, this watch works flawless for me. It also have Nordic ski as an activity. Ionic don’t. I really think that the Ionic isn’t meant for people who uses Strava as the main training application, then Garmin is superior.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner i do not use Garmin connect on my computer for syncing to strava, either my Garmin edge 1000 with WiFi directly to strava or Fenix through the Garmin connect app on phone. I never connect my Garmin devices to my computer, don’t see the need for it anymore.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JHog  I have a Windows 10 Mobile phone and Garmin announced they would maintain the app but not add not features then my VivoActive 3 stopped syncing, then I reset the phone and it couldn't even pair (would pair over Bluetooth but not finish setup).  I was syncing with Garmin Express for Windows even that started acting up.  Finally I started getting a message in the app that content was unable to be accesses for I couldn't even use the app just to read the data.  After that Garmin told me they are dropping support for Windows on phone and the express app has known issues.  So I switched back to Fitbit, though regretting that decision.  Garmin is letting me return my device or upgrade it to a fenix, and told them I would do the return but after less than a week on Fitbit it might be worth even using an ipad to keep the Garmin. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've got my eye on the Forerunner 935, its a Fenix 5 in a plastic case which makes a difference for connecting to bike sensors.

Aria, Fitbit MobileTrack on iOS. Previous: Flex, Force, Surge, Blaze

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner Then I understand. If you get a Fenix make sure it has WiFi, i think it should be able to push data directly from WiFi to strava on it’s own and not use Garmin connect app to anything but setup in the beginning. Please verify this yourself, by Garmin. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

How is this thread marked as “solution”?  I see no solution here.  There are lots of strava issues, and I’m having no luck with help from Fitbit support.

Best Answer
0 Votes