Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can the Ionic's battery be replaced?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello Everyone,

Ok I have an Ionic.  Was not charging. Stayed at 9% for 24 hours.  Called tech support and they came to the conclusion that the battery is bad.  They gave me a current % off to purchase a new watch.

But if the battery is the only thing bad.  Can't you replace it?

I have seen videos on youtube with people changing out batteries on other FitBits.

Does anyone know the part # for a new battery  and where I can get one?

Thank you

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
21 REPLIES 21

The ionic is water proof, so to replace battery isnt something that is done

Best Answer
0 Votes

@jback1131 It's great to see you in our Fitbit Community! Regarding your inquiry, as @ionic-jo mentioned, the battery of the Fitbit device can't be replaced since the battery is comes built-in.

With this being said, Fitbit don't have batteries for sale.

Let us know if you have more questions! 😀

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @jback1131 yes it can be opened and replace the battery. As some people sugested yes it is sealed and water proof, thus you are doing it at your own risk. My ionic went dead few day a go and I am out of warranty (1year and 6month) so I have decided to open it up and find out what was wrong with it. You have to be careful not to damage connecting cables and overheating the screen when you use heat to lossen the adhesive holding the screen to the body. Only place I have seen battery for sale is on ebay from brocken/cracked ionic and as you know it's a gamble getting good battery since most do not state the condition of the battery or how long it has been used. You just have to decide if you want to take a chance. Good LUCK!

Yes you can open it at you own risk 

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

@Ras11 Thank you for sharing your feedback my friend. You mentioned important things about open the Fitbit tracker.

@ionic-jo You can find more information about the warranty policies in this page.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi I guess you are lucky that Fitbit offered you discount towards next purchase they had flatly refused me . So go ahead and buy a new tracker and enjoy 😊

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit does not have a system established for replacing the battery so we are given a run around of procedures that hopefully fix the problem.....like blank screen, no lights.The procedures never admit that the battery is dead.

I figured that if there is no life the battery must be dead. I plugged FITBIT Battery Replacement Ionic into my computer and up popped a video showing how to do it. It looked a bit complicated for my capabilities to I opted to pay $119.57 (tax and shipping included) for Joes GE to fix it. Three days later I was back in Ionic buisiness. If you want to fix it yourself eBay list a Ionic battery for $23.99..

Best Answer
0 Votes

Best Answer
0 Votes
To be honest with you I feel very disappointed with this product.  A year and a half ago I spent $280 on a Fitbit ionic as a new watch and a new lifestyle (if I can put it that way).  My wife and my two kids also have watches that we purchased a year later. We also purchased the scale.  My battery has now died and I have to purchase a completely brand new watch with no option to replace the battery.  I know there is a discount for me but I still have to pay $187 to replace the battery (essentially).
Basically what the company is telling me is I have to spend $187 every year and a half to keep up with maintenance on a watch.  Based on this my family is going to cease using this product as financially it doesn’t make sense.
we liked the product but we have to be smart about things. Spending $200 every year and a half does not make sense.
(Late Entry:  my wife just advised me last night that her Ionic watch battery is now dead. Her watch is only 13 months old)
Good luck and make smart choices based on other users experiences,
Kevin
Best Answer
I had an earlier post to this problem. I found a site that will provide parts for you to fix the Ionic (Looked too difficult) or replace the battery (for around $90). I don't remember the site but my Ionic was repaired and returned quickly........and it has worked perfectly since being repaired.
Best Answer
Thank you. I will consider that.

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes

Try joesge.com/pages/repair-service. I found it by searching Fitbit Ionic battery replacement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Had exact same issue. So disappointing 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also have had this issue. I bought the ionic in July of 2019. By September its batter stopped working and was told it could not be replaced when I took it in to try to fix the problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes
It can be replaced. See posts.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having charging issues also --lucky to get 2 days at this point from a full charge. Knowing that there is no replacement is very disappointing, to say the least--some more colorful words came into mind that I would rather not post here!  For as much $$ as I spent on this watch--which I have been very happy with, I would have expected the ability to replace the battery!

Best Answer
The battery can be replaced. See my ‎02-10-2020 20:32 entry.

OK1wire
Best Answer
0 Votes

After battery replacement...is it still waterproof??

Best Answer
0 Votes
Best Answer

Joe seems a bit high. I would do it if I found it at my right price, like $50 or so. Walmart has them new for $198.95 as of 10/16/21. There may be a better price coming since Black Friday is up the street.

Best Answer
0 Votes