Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you set lap time for swim?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have set up to record my swim laps, set at every 4 laps. When I stop my watch shows the lap time but when I look on the App it shows the calories and not the time. Anyone know how to set up the watch/app to show the time for the laps?

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

A warm welcome to the Community @Jimmacf! Thanks for the details that you've mentioned. It will depend on the lap setting that you have set. If you would like to see the lap time, then you will need to choose lap type > minutes. 

To do so: 

• Go to the Exercise App on Ionic and swipe the screen until you find "Swimming".
  • Tap the gear icon located at the top left corner of the screen to access its settings.
  • Tap "Show Laps" and select "Automatically".
  • You will see the option below "Automatic Lap Settings" not grayed out anymore, tap it to access.
  • On "Lap Type" select "Minutes"

After you've set this, try tracking a swim activity and check the information that you get on your app. 

Let me know how it goes. I'll be around if you need further assistance. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi

Thanks for getting back to me. I’ve looked at this option but when you select minutes then the next screen on allows you to select a number of minutes? I don’t want a lap every 5 minutes or so. What would the watch tell me.

I want to use laps as my trigger and know how many minutes it’s taking to do a particular number of laps during my swim. For example my time for every 100m of a 1600m swim.

When I set my watch up this way then the watch shows what I’m looking for but only momentarily and when it goes I looked at the app but it just shows calories and a bar chart which isn’t clear what it depicts.

Jim

Jim Macfadyen

Moderator edit: Removed personal info

Best Answer

Thank you for getting back @Jimmacf! I appreciate the details that you've mentioned.

If you set laps as mentioned above, then, you will get this information on your app too. If you review this on the online Dashboard, you won't see each lap data. However, you can see this data on your app. 

If you're still not seeing the information you want, please provide me with a screenshot of the information you're getting. 

I'll be around if you need further assistance. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes