Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Setup Ionic! Again

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have had and been using my Ionic for over a year... Not without problems!

especially around connectivity and synching!

Usually I can get it sorted... even if it takes me a few days!

This time I am close to ditching Fitbit altogether as my Ionic is almost totally UNFitBit for purpose!

As usual.. the fun starts with the Ionic refusing to sync!... getting Sync errors...

Usually restarting the watch, restarting Bluetooth, sometimes forgetting Ionic as a paired device and/or re-pairing etc eventually gets the Sync to work... This time I simply could not get the watch to sync!

I noticed there was an OS update for the watch so I stupidly decided it might be a good idea to update.

To shorten the story... after a few days off fruitless retries, reboots etc. I still cannot update my watch or get it to sync etc. I have also removed my Ionic from my account, deleted the app and reinstalled the latest app... Things are now even worse as I cannot even setup my watch in the App!!!

I haven't (Yet) tried the Factory reset on the watch!

Can anybody please help me before I smash this useless Fitbit into a thousand pieces!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

SOLVED

Not really an acceptable solution and Fitbit should be ashamed that its customers have to go through such extreme measures to get their watches and apps to work properly!

Anyway... My solution:

1. Remove watch from app.

2. 'Forget' watch in Bluetooth settings

3. Uninstall Fitbit app

4. Re-Install Fitbit app

5. Factory reset watch

6. Setup watch as if newly purchased!

Took approx 2 hours of my time and lost all my data for the last 7 days!

+ Many wasted hours spent trying to avoid steps 1 - 6 above!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

@Hilld2000 wrote:

I have had and been using my Ionic for over a year... Not without problems!

especially around connectivity and synching!

Usually I can get it sorted... even if it takes me a few days!

This time I am close to ditching Fitbit altogether as my Ionic is almost totally UNFitBit for purpose!

As usual.. the fun starts with the Ionic refusing to sync!... getting Sync errors...

Usually restarting the watch, restarting Bluetooth, sometimes forgetting Ionic as a paired device and/or re-pairing etc eventually gets the Sync to work... This time I simply could not get the watch to sync!

I noticed there was an OS update for the watch so I stupidly decided it might be a good idea to update.

To shorten the story... after a few days off fruitless retries, reboots etc. I still cannot update my watch or get it to sync etc. I have also removed my Ionic from my account, deleted the app and reinstalled the latest app... Things are now even worse as I cannot even setup my watch in the App!!!

I haven't (Yet) tried the Factory reset on the watch!

Can anybody please help me before I smash this useless Fitbit into a thousand pieces!!!

I also cant sync sometimes but that seems normal because restarting the app gets the job done.

Do try reinstalling the app.

Regards,

Shane.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've had the same issue since updating my android operating system to version 9. I've contacted support but not really gotten anywhere yet. I'm hoping an update on the Fitbit app will sort the issue...

Best Answer
0 Votes

SOLVED

Not really an acceptable solution and Fitbit should be ashamed that its customers have to go through such extreme measures to get their watches and apps to work properly!

Anyway... My solution:

1. Remove watch from app.

2. 'Forget' watch in Bluetooth settings

3. Uninstall Fitbit app

4. Re-Install Fitbit app

5. Factory reset watch

6. Setup watch as if newly purchased!

Took approx 2 hours of my time and lost all my data for the last 7 days!

+ Many wasted hours spent trying to avoid steps 1 - 6 above!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Looks like it's working for me too. Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes