Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cause of dead ionics?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Dear Fitbit, This morning I woke up and looked at my Ionic for the time and it was dead.  I immediately hit the forums and tried different wall adapters, restart method, plug into pc as another user mentioned something about a battery gate issue.  Nothing worked. A bit more persistence and time I tried yet another usb wall charger adapter and I got the circles of Ionic life and I was back in business.

My question to you is based on the many mentions on Ionic forums about this same issue, is this potentially a software fix in the making, or will this be an ongoing issue and I should send it back for a replacement now to avoid future frustrations?  Aside from some music syncing issues I really enjoy the Ionic and had been promoting it in my office.  I purchased mine on December 24th after much debate this vs. the Apple Watch. It has not been exposed to water and I use it for walking primarily.

Also, is it possible any of the third party apps, clockfaces could be causing the issue as I change the faces often- just a passing thought.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

I've had my Ionic since launch and haven't experienced the issue you described. I would be a bit cautious of it being a hardware issue. I guess all you can really do is see if it happens again, if it does though, I would definitely send it back as its not normal behaviour. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

Thank you for your response. That was sort of where I was headed- wait and see. I am curious to see if this can be addressed via a software update.  The first fitbit product I bought was terrible, the Flex  I think - charger issue or battery, everyone I knew had the same issue and resulted in dead units within months.  However my Charge HR2 despite not always wanting to sync when I needed it to, has been rock solid after a year of use. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Update - a few days later, my Ionic is functioning as normal. 

Best Answer
0 Votes