Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge HR vs Ionic size on small wrist

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My biggest complaint about the Charge HR is that it's so big on my wrist. The length of the hard section of it is so wide on my wrist that I literally have gaps on both sides between my wrist and the band, even with the band as tight as I can get it. I'm wondering if the Ionic, even though it's a big square, will actually feel smaller on my wrist than the Charge HR does. The inflexible part of the Charge HR is 2 3/8 inches/6cm before the band becomes flexible. Can anyone tell me the measurement of the inflexible part of the Ionic is?  Thanks for any help!

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

I have the same problem.  I like the Charge 2 but really wish the developers would come up with something more feminine and smaller with the same features.  I bought my husband the Ionic for his birthday, he previously had the Surge.  I was eager to see it, hoping I could get one for myself to enjoy the many added features like wearing it in water and listening to music.  The Ionic, as well as the Surge, both look ridiculous on my small wrist!  The tracker portion covers up my wrist completely and even the small band has many extra holes that wrap almost back to the top of my wrist!  
Get with it, Fitbit!!  Make a full featured, feminine unit that is sized for women!! 

Best Answer

Yes, the idea that the Charge HR "curves to fit" my wrist is absurd. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Technology isn't there yet.

I suggest you buy a larger arm/wrist.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I would also appreciate size (length) of the inflexible part of ionic.

I'm thinking of buying ionic to move on from my polar m400. By bf has a polar v800 and the inflexible part is quite bigger than my wrist. It's ok for a 1-2hours of exercise but for wearing it all the time, not as much.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner wrote:

The 38mm AW doesn't agree with your statement. 

Best Answer

I have the same problem, very small wrists. The Chsrge HR leaves large gaps iBeacon side, which tend to get caught when putting on a jacket, etc. The Alta HR fits me the best but there is still a gap. I wouldn’t even consider the Ionic. So Fitbit, if that company that starts with A can make two sizes of smart watch, why can’t you?

Basic (disintegrated), Ultra, One, Surge (returned), Flex, Charge, Alta, Charge 2, iPhone 7 Plus, Macbook Pro, iPad Pro.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@bobo03 wrote:

@SunsetRunner wrote:

The 38mm AW doesn't agree with your statement. 

Another assumption. Not all sensors are the same.  Not all battery life is the same either. If an Apple watch suits you buy an Apple watch.

Btw an "AW" seriously? Must people use a acronym for everything ?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm a mid sixties male with small wrists and I had the same complaint. I ended up purchasing a metal band for mine from Amazon, around $20 Cdn. You can pull it as tight as you wish or leave it as loose as you wish, the magnet at the end of the strap holds it in place. I've had mine for about 6 months and have had no issues. Stays in place during workouts. Does add a bit of weight but given that I now enjoy wearing my tracker where with the standard wrist band I was constantly annoyed. Hope this helps.

Best Answer
0 Votes