Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clock faces don't keep settings

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Is it just me, or do all third-party clock faces fail to keep their settings correctly? Every one I've tried will work great at first, but then it will revert to default colors after a bit (maybe around 30 mins). Weather info will only update when I actively go to the clock's settings and make some kind of change. It seems as if the clock face doesn't store any settings info locally on the Ionic and it needs a quick sync with the phone to display what I want. I understand this for weather, but not colors. If Bluetooth is off or out of range, I'm stuck with the clock's default colors.

Also, if I open an app on my Ionic and back out to the clock, it will show default colors at first then maybe update depending the OS. On Android, it usually takes a few seconds to update the color, but weather info doesn't change. On Windows, the color hardly ever updates and weather info doesn't change. Either way, it's pretty jarring to the user experience.

What gives?

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

@TwiceInert I’m not sure what face you’re having problems with but I haven’t seen the faces I use change back. I can only think that possibly you’re trying to use a paid-for face, that is limited to default colours in the free version.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunnerThe most recent faces I've tried are Unicorse and InterfaceX. I have not used any of the paid faces. I don't have the color problem with any of Fitbit's faces, although I'm not sure if any if theirs have weather info.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@TwiceInert I note those are by the same developer, so maybe he has a small coding issue. Perhaps reach out to him directly.

Best Answer

That's my guess too..coding error. Same thing happens to me with InterfaceX (custom colours don't stay all the time/reverts back to black and white). I've also been meaning to reach out to the developer because I really like that clock face and his are some of my favourites. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner  Well, now I feel silly.  I cannot believe I didn't notice that!  I know I've tried other faces too, but it's been a while and I'm not sure exactly what they were.  I'll keep trying others.  Thank you for your input.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@RatedE  I seem to gravitate to his without even realizing it.  I'll be reaching out as well.  Thanks for confirming that it's not just me. Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Alright, my Ionic updated to OS 2.0 earlier today.  Now, on Android, the clock faces will reload within a few seconds and weather info seems to stay up-to-date.  It's still jarring to see the face reload every time I exit an app, but I guess it's manageable.  The only issue is when there is no bluetooth connection.  If I'm not near my phone, some clock faces will reload with default colors and stay that way until I reconnect and go into the clock's settings in the Fitbit app.  I've reached out to the developer since I don't notice the issue with any of the Fitbit faces.

On Windows 10 mobile, it's a different story.  Some third-party faces don't reload color settings at all until I go into the clock's settings in the Fitbit app.  I suspect there are some coding issues since I don't notice the issue with any of the Fitbit faces.  My biggest issue is that weather info has not successfully updated on its own at all since I've had the watch, whether on a clock face or in the Ionic's weather app (I have location services turned on).  The only time weather info gets through is if I make a change to the app settings on the Fitbit app.  It's like my phone forgets that it can talk to the Ionic unless I force it to say something.  It receives all day, but never sends.  Steps, HR, and everything else going from watch to phone stays synced all the time, but it's hit-or-miss with info going from phone to watch.  Notifications are delayed sometimes, but they eventually go through.  Weather info though?  Never.

I realize that W10 mobile is beyond dead at this point, but I really like the interface and I'm not buying a new phone until mine completely gives out (the Android is my work phone).  I debated if it's even worth mentioning my issues at all, but I decided I might as well give feedback with the hope that someone else can confirm what I'm seeing.  Maybe it will help Fitbit narrow in on a bug to squash.  I'll create a post in the Windows forum also.

Best Answer
0 Votes