Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect ionic to new phone

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I bought a new phone and can’t work out how to connect my ionic to it. The only option seems to be to set up a new device in the Fitbit app but I don’t want to do that because it’s not a new Fitbit. My new phone can’t find my Fitbit and is saying that the Fitbit has no battery when it’s fully charged. Thanks in advance.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

All you should have to do is install the app and sign in to your account.

The real question is:

Is the device you are trying to sync to a supported device?

You can find a list of compatible devices here and here.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

All you should have to do is install the app and sign in to your account.

The real question is:

Is the device you are trying to sync to a supported device?

You can find a list of compatible devices here and here.

Best Answer

Yeah my phone is on that list you provided thanks, but it’s not able to sync 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the exact problem described here-- I bought a new iPhone, and could not get my Fitbit Ionic to connect to it. The earlier answer responses were of no help to me-- as they seemed to be of no help to the person first raising this problem. Here is what worked:

• On my new phone, I opened the Fitbit app.
  • From the upper left of the Fitbit app, I tapped on the icon for the Ionic. I think this was there from transferring settings from my old phone.
  • From the Ionic device page, I scrolled down to the bottom where "Remove this device" was located. I selected "Remove this device."
  • From there, I followed the directions to set up a Fitbit device-- the same thing I did with the old phone. Directions are at: https://www.imore.com/how-set-and-start-using-fitbit-iphone-and-ipad.. Go down to "How to pair your Fitbit to your iPhone or iPad".
  • Following these directions put the Ionic in pairing mode, in which I got a code on the Ionic that could be entered into the Fitbit app on the new iPhone. This completed pairing. These steps took about 60 seconds.
  • As I believe this is likely to be a standard issue when upgrading an iPhone, my main surprise was how difficult it was to find useful directions about what was needed. Hope this helps if you are using these directions!
Best Answer
0 Votes

After signing into the Fitbitt app on my new phone, it synced the data from the online account. Then all I had to do was restart both my phone and my Ionic Fitbit. Then opened app on new phone and it found and synced with the Ionic. 

Best Answer
0 Votes