Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Control music on iphone

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I'm having issues connecting to my iPhone to control my music. When I bring up the music screen on the Ionic, and then try to touch the ellipses (...) to bring up the menu to select phone, nothing happens. My watch is on pair. What gives?

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

@Rawrbyn wrote:

I'm having issues connecting to my iPhone to control my music. When I bring up the music screen on the Ionic, and then try to touch the ellipses (...) to bring up the menu to select phone, nothing happens. My watch is on pair. What gives?

Depends really on what you mean exactly. Do you mean nothing happens when you press the ellipses or after you’ve pressed them you can’t control music on your phone? How are you bringing up the music screen, by swiping down or tapping on the music icon? (The latter needs music loaded on the Ionic.)

In the case of phone based music, the Ionic’s music control needs to have the music play back initiated on the phone. Once music is playing on the phone, assuming an active Bluetooth connection, then the Ionic can control it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having a similiar issue. I can't seem to get the Ionic to control playback on my iPhone. The manual describes Bluetooth Classic, but it specifically mentions Android & Windows Phone.

10,000 Steps Per Day
Best Answer
0 Votes

I actually figured it out. I downloaded Fitbit Connect for my computer...not the Windows 10 app. After I ran that, then it asked if I wanted to pair with the iPhone. After that, everything worked.

Best Answer
0 Votes

You can now control music playing on the iPhone using Ionic?

Edit: Pairing my Ionic again seems to have fixed the issue.

10,000 Steps Per Day
Best Answer
0 Votes

Are your referring to iTunes, Apple radio, etc.? I'm a little frustrated with my Ionic right now because while I love having music on the tracker itself, I haven't figured out a way to switch from the music on the tracker to that on my iPhone or, say, listening to books in my Audible app. I've had to "UN-pair" the Ionic from my Power Beats and pair them with my phone (and vice versa) each time I want to change the media. Ugh.

Best Answer
0 Votes

To switch to controlling music on your phone you actually have try to connect to local music - you get an error, but then you get the “...” that allows to select the phone.

This worked for me.  Not intuitive but it works.  From that point forward you are set.

Best Answer