Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corrosion around the battery charging connection

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The last couple of days when I check my Ionic it shows charging status while on my wrist. I now notice that there appears to be some sort of corrosion around the battery charging connection. At first I thought it was just dirt but trying to clean it out I discovered that it's hard and affixed to the surface.

Anybody else have an issue like this ?? 

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

According to Fitbit cleaning tips - try rubbing the metal connectors with a soft toothbrush and rubbing alcohol. It should remove any unwanted buildup.

(https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/2005)

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @SunsetRunner, welcome to the Community! I'd like to know if you have tried to clean the pins on both, the charging cable and the Ionic itself, as @SunsetRunner suggested, and if so, I'd like to know if your charging cable is charging fine or not. 

Let me know how it goes! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi HeydyFitbit,

It's is charging although it is a bit tricky since the charge cable wont go into the slot. I have to make sure it sitting just right to maintain contact.

I guess I needed to be more specific, I'm not looking for a solution to this issue. After talking to customer service it has been determined that the solution will be to replace the Ionic with a non Fitbit device.

I am just trying to determine if this is an isolated incident with my device, or if other users have had similar issues.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem. I’ve contacted customer service - let’s see how they do

Best Answer
0 Votes